The Beer And Man Cave Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mexican beers for some reason, dos eques, corona, tecate, modello all good to me.

Did someone say wine????

I live where some of the best liquid gold in the world is made. I drive through vast vineyards every single day. My wife works for one of the premier wineries in the region. As a result, we have around 300 bottles of wine in our "wine cellar" at any given time.

I am no wine connoisseur, but I know a good wine and you will never get it from a box, a bottle with a screw top or anything with the Gallo name on it. LOL

With wine, you truly get what you pay for.

Well actually we have some really surprisingly good BIB(bag in box) and screwtop wines over here. They're mostly from Chile and South Africa.

I love mexican beers for some reason, dos eques, corona, tecate, modello all good to me.
Stay thirsty my friend.

When I drank shots it was Southern Comfort, in the days of 86 proof. Nothing but draft beer. I never cared for bottled or canned, so as a result I never kept any in the house.
When I go out for dinner I like a mug of Samuel Adams Nut Brown Ale, and a glass of Merlot wine for desert.

Then you need a kegerator. My neighbor has one. I got a chest freezer, thermostat control, and kegerator kit and built my own for a couple hundred bucks. Was great then times got hard and had to sell. Miss that thing, that's why I keep a well stocked beer fridge now.

The finest I have ever tasted are Dos Equis Pacifico Victoria and modelo negra. I don't really like light anything

Being a college student basically any free alcohol is good alcohol. Have to stay local and give a shout out to Point beers. They've got a new dark beer, 2012, that is quite tasty. As far as whats in the "beer fridge", yes we have a dedicated beer fridge in the living room next to the big screen with a pizza oven on top, its currently stocked with Bud light Bottles, Bacardi Gold rum, and Aldi Merlot. Not a fan of the Naty Light or Keystone or Red Dogs though. I try and stay away from the piss water beers.

I can also do smooth tequillas, speaking of I think I have had enough tonight..... woof!

Over the years I have learned to apreciate all sorts of alcohol. I used to be a miller lite guys and nothing else. As a young adult I didn't care what I drank or where it came from. I drank to get drunk. I have long since moved on from those days. After 30 came and went... the hangovers seemed to be worse and last most of the weekend. Just not worth it. Now as far as beer is concerned, I like the american light pilsners. Here in southern MD we can get Bud Light in 10oz cans and I don't know what it is with the 10oz... it just seems to taste better. So as a result you can always find 10oz bud light in the fridge. In the winter, I like black and tans so I have guiness and bass in the fridge. I also like bud light lime and blue moon in the summer.

One of the many things my wife has brought into my life is wine. I have learned to love it. In fact I enjoy wine by itself, or with food, and have developed a taste for dry and semi dry wines. I am not a big fan of really sweet wine, but I do enjoy many of the "desert wines" I really enjoy a glass of port after dinner! In fact my wife and I plan on planting grapes the coming spring in hopes of selling to the local vinyards.

My wife and I also like to play cocktail in our basement! LOL We will find a drink recipie and give it a shot. As a result I end up with alot of liquor in the cabinet. Some of it gets used others not so much. If I was going to mix a drink, I prefer captain morgan private stock with ginger ale, or Crown Royal Black and diet coke. I have been experimenting with Bourbon recently though. I really like Makers Mark, or Woodford Reserve Bourbon. I certainly don't drink to get drunk anymore. I really prefer to sip and enjoy a drink more these days.

Tom

My wife and I also like to play cocktail in our basement!

Wife let me play that game once, she complained it hurt and has said no ever since. Maybe because I dont have a basement.

Wife let me play that game once, she complained it hurt and has said no ever since. Maybe because I dont have a basement.

LMAO!!! Thank you my friend.... the way my week is going, I needed a good laugh!

I prefer the darker beer varieties when I drink it. I also like a good German Weissen beer when I can find them. Wine: meh.

Given a choice between wine and beer, I will always choose beer no matter what the brand. Even if it's Coors. LOL

Given a choice between wine and beer, I will always choose beer no matter what the brand. Even if it's Coors. LOL

Your an inspiration then :hehe:

If it's free.... I don't ever turn it down!

The one thing I will turn down while I'm drinking whatever, is cheap ass ciggarettes like usa golds or pyramids, gotta be a tasteful nic fit..

LOL

I remember drinking cans of beer that were white with 'BEER' printed on them back when I was a teena.....errrr ummm younger.

I do, if I'm not in the mood. I am quite alone in my drinking preference when I'm out with the guys. The have little understanding for my love of a well made Bloody Mary, or a smokey single malt whisky.

I do, if I'm not in the mood. I am quite alone in my drinking preference when I'm out with the guys. The have little understanding for my love of a well made Bloody Mary, or a smokey single malt whisky.

Nobody has ever offered me those for free!