The Beer And Man Cave Thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChiefGeek

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Due to a total derail in another thread, I figured I'd start here for people to weigh in on their favorite brews and suggest others to sample something you may like. Let's keep this a "Gentlemans Discussion" and refrain from insulting of others taste.

Feel free to post up your beer fridge and man cave also as these obviously go hand in hand.

One thing I've NEVER tried but have always wanted too, is wine. I've stared at bottles of it (cheaper places) at Target and grocery stores but theres SO many that I have no idea what I want to spend the money on, so I get beer instead.
Any suggestions? I dont like stuff that I have to sip or anything, I need to take big drinks, MAN DRINKS, or I wont like it.

Good idea.

Seems when we first get talking about beer, it's hard to stop.

As much as I enjoy the taste, the hangovers are getting even less enjoyable as I passed 30. And I refuse to drink if I'm working the next day. Hungover while wielding knifes is not a good idea. Sounds like a Darwin award waiting to happen actually.

My mainstay beer is a Royal Classic. It's a dark golden lager with a light sweetness and nice hobs flavor at the end.

i really do enjoy i nice glass of wine but everytime it gives me sore throat for some reason

Slowgreen, recommending a wine is like recommending a beer. Its a very difficult thing to do. The only advise I feel comfortable giving is find and attend a wine festival. We go to them occasionally and they are usually an out door festival type event. You usually pay for entrance and get a small wine glass marked with two lines. The first line is the free sample line, the second is the full glass line. You go around to booths and get samples of what you want. Then you can purchase a full glass for a variety of prices or buy a whole bottle. They are alot of fun when you go with friends. Often you see fair type food booths there. Nothing like buzzed on wine and eating a fried turkey leg.

One thing I've NEVER tried but have always wanted too, is wine. I've stared at bottles of it (cheaper places) at Target and grocery stores but theres SO many that I have no idea what I want to spend the money on, so I get beer instead.
Any suggestions? I dont like stuff that I have to sip or anything, I need to take big drinks, MAN DRINKS, or I wont like it.

just a word of advice ..dont get drunk on wines ..lol...if you think hangovers are bad ...try a wine hangover ...lol..they are wicked ..i dont recommend them

just a word of advice ..dont get drunk on wines ..lol...if you think hangovers are bad ...try a wine hangover ...lol..they are wicked ..i dont recommend them

Never had this issue. Wine drunk is a totally different kinda drunk. Impossible to describe.

Try a single malt hangover, kills a wine hangover any day.

Unlike beer, I find it hard to drink wine without food accompanying it. I have a passion for Italian wines, especially Amarone, Barolo and most other wines from the northern part of the country. If you like wines with a long but not overpowering finish, then this is for you. Most French wines I've tried(unless they are from the most southern part) come on strong, and peter out quite fast.

Did someone say wine????

I live where some of the best liquid gold in the world is made. I drive through vast vineyards every single day. My wife works for one of the premier wineries in the region. As a result, we have around 300 bottles of wine in our "wine cellar" at any given time.

I am no wine connoisseur, but I know a good wine and you will never get it from a box, a bottle with a screw top or anything with the Gallo name on it. LOL

With wine, you truly get what you pay for.

Technically the wine is in a bladder inside the box...sheesh....

I enjoy my beers, I hate wine and hate most mixed drinks, my main mixed rink is the jager bomb for sure and my beers are Heiniken, Miller Hi-Life, Amberbach, Blue Moon with a slice of orange, Tecate, Bud Light and Ice House..

I don't do wine much. If I do it's Pino Grigio or a less dry chardonnay but I generally don't like chardonnay at all. I forgot who mentioned it but I really find it diffucult to enjoy wine if it's not with dinner. I can enjoy and appreciate a good beer with food or alone.

Did someone say wine????

I live where some of the best liquid gold in the world is made. I drive through vast vineyards every single day. My wife works for one of the premier wineries in the region. As a result, we have around 300 bottles of wine in our "wine cellar" at any given time.

I am no wine connoisseur, but I know a good wine and you will never get it from a box, a bottle with a screw top or anything with the Gallo name on it. LOL

With wine, you truly get what you pay for.

snob...:p:

Two pages already? Damn maybe we need to move this discussion to a support group web site.

You need more posts per page in your settings lol.

You guys drink the hard stuff? I never really have, other than vodka. I drink a little bit of rasberry vodka in tea some times. Or I drink Idaho Silver on the rocks or in a screwdriver.

I don't drink much liquor anymore. I do have a penchant for captain Morgan's private stock and kraken spiced runs and good whiskeys.

I don't drink Liquor straight. I HATE doing shots. I actually refuse them at get togethers. it's just not enjoyable. I like simple drinks... Crown & Ginger Ale, Crown & 7up, Rum & Coke etc..

Yeah I dont do shots anymore either. I just dont have any desire to get drunk, ever really anymore. Must just be the getting older part lol.

I really don't drink a lot at all period anymore. For hard stuff I like Tullamore Dew, kinda hard to find in the US but brought back a couple bottles the last time I was in the UK. Wine ah yes....having lived in Europe I do like it. Have been to several wine festivals in a few contries and always had a good time and came back with my luggage clinking. I have a bottle of wine I bought from a small vinyard in San Vito Italy in the early 90's. We had a base there that is now closed and I know I will never get back to there. I have vowed not to open the bottle until that day of my military retirement. By that time it will be a 25yo bottle. I will be pissed if it went bad....or not, hey whatever. Beer I guess I am easy. Tried Blue Moon....poured it out. Not my kind. I like New Castle Brown Ale pretty well though.