The 2010 "What I got for Christmas" thread!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife gave me a nice telescope. I asked, what do you expect me to see in the skies of Seattle? LOL!

had a realy great xmas, got to see my mom,oldest son, youngest son. but didnt get to see my grandson.

Gopro hero HD (awesome)

Bunch of crap for my bike........

money

i scored big.
1 savage x ss
1 tekin speed control
1 fantom duo 3 17.5
1 duratrax charger
an airbrush kit with paint, compressor, and all the cleaning supplies.

oh and my girlfriend got me 2 dollars (one for each of the "greatest years of her life"
and a box of non fluffy, don't leave lint behind Q-tips. for cleaning engines :p

I got a nice pocket knife, a bunch of clothes, some tools for my rc's and a new Xbox 360 Slim Halo Reach Edition.. Best christmas ever!

... Until yesterday when my new 360 got the red rings already! I have to ship it to xbox tomorrow! Yea, not so great after all..

I got a nice pocket knife, a bunch of clothes, some tools for my rc's and a new Xbox 360 Slim Halo Reach Edition.. Best christmas ever!

... Until yesterday when my new 360 got the red rings already! I have to ship it to xbox tomorrow! Yea, not so great after all..

FAIL!!!
:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:

My year old 360 (Jasper) got the red rings last Thursday. Pretty sure the CD drive went out by the way it was acting before. With the amount of time we put on it, I am not surprised that the drive failed.

Sucked since a good portion of gifts for my son were for the 360. No time to send it in so I was forced to go on the hunt for a 250gb slim 2 days before XMas. Went to 4 stores before I scored. I was not interested in that dumbass Kinect.

Now the problem was that my Black Ops was stuck in the other 360 drive and it would not release it.

I tore that bitch apart to get at my Black Ops so it won't be going back to MS. I have a couple other broken 360's that I plan on doing a drive swap with anyway.

I must say the 360 Slim is a huge improvement over the previous model.

Last edited:
Original PS3 will fail as well if you use it enough.

Mine is getting ready to go I think. It will flip out and shut itself off for no reason on occasion. If it does, it will be replaced by the new and improved slim version.

I went through 2 refurbed 360's in a couple of weeks then had enough of that so switched to ps3 and havent had any troubles at all...plus its free to play online.

Yeah, PS3had a lot of overheating issues when it debuted. Fortunately I'm not a super hardcore gamer ...

One more reason to go PS3 over Xbox and the red ring of death! I heard that Xbox is actually going to be raising the monthly fee for on line gaming.

Both have their pros and cons, I just flat out refuse to pay twice to play online. There's absolutely no way I am paying for internet service, and gaming service.

If Sony started charging as well, I still have PC gaming.

Although I'm a lifelong Sony guy I don't particularly discredit the 360 completely although it does drive me crazy that Microsoft pretty much owns us from a technical standpoint... well except for Ipods. Anyways, I DO HOWEVER think that paying to play is total BS. But if people are willing to do it, that's their money to burn. Aside from being a Sony guy, there is only reason I stand by Playstation.

Gran Turismo.

Gran Turismo 5 was the selling point for me to get a PS3. I don't normally game online with a console anyway, but I have been a huge fan of Gran Turismo since the beginning. Now I play online, so it helps that I made that decision.