T-Maxx vs. Lava Rock

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Basher

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have out done myself this time I have broken T-Maxx many times by bashing. While camping I managed to hit a large lava rock head on at a high speed which caused the rear end to explode broke both bulk heads, shock tower, two shocks, motor mount, cracked the fuel tank. The list goes on.

I am thinking of replacing all parts with Integy alloy parts to beef up my Maxx. Integy appears to be a couple of dollars cheaper which helps.

If I change everything to alloy does that change the performance (3.3) due to weight?

Is Integy a quality after market part?

If I only change a few things to alloy what is suggested?

I don’t believe bolting plastic to metal really works well which is why I’m leaning towards changing out everything.

If I do go alloy does that really help in the long run on repairs?

Search just about any forum for Integy, I bet you'll change your mind. They are not an "upgrade" at all, they have a handful (if that) of good parts but most of their parts are made of cheap aluminum that will bend.

Pretty much what I have read about their parts as well. "All show no go" stick with rpm suspension components...Violator fuel tank, and some traxxas bb shocks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Don't do it. DON'T DO IT!!!!!

They make a good crawler motor and a good 3 shoe clutch. EVERYTHING else is brittle bling. Do NOT use it on anything you intend to drive.
There's a reason you void the warranty by mounting their part on your car.

Go with RPM for A-arms and EEM or FLM for alloy bulkheads.

^^Wait it really voids your rigs warrenty bolting up Integy? ROFL thats AWESOME!!!

Just shows ya they suck.....

Stay away from alloy parts besides shock towers and chassis braces.

I think he meant it voided the warranty on the integy part once it was bolted on.

Right. You void the integy warranty if you actually plan to use it. You break it, you eat it.

So if your using your integy skidplate as a coffee coaster and it breaks I guess you covered

I accedently dropped an integy bulkhead from waste high and the bumper mount broke off. No joke.

Thanks to everyone for saving me some coin and aggravation. I will look into some RPM parts or genuine T-Maxx parts and try to avoid big rocks.

I learned a long tome ago the hard way to steer clear of integy stuff. rpm arms and any other brand besides integy aluminum bulk heads.surprised you didn't trash the chassis too.

I learned a long tome ago the hard way to steer clear of integy stuff. rpm arms and any other brand besides integy aluminum bulk heads.surprised you didn't trash the chassis too.

That is to still be determined it is still on the work bench all shattered. I have been putting off fixing it. Today I will be addressing it's repair and a few beers to ease the pain. :(

The extent of repair will be determined by the number of beers. The more beers you have more parts will be all F***** up. You should drink first and just go buy a new rig..

I have new savage x after I crunched my max I did not get the savage out one desroyed car at a time

Man do I love to drink when I fix my rigs or even build them. That and a little bit of green testing makes for a happy RC day :D

What a better way to buy a new anything, if girls can use the excuse that they were drunk so can I..

That is to still be determined it is still on the work bench all shattered. I have been putting off fixing it. Today I will be addressing it's repair and a few beers to ease the pain. :(
Sounds like you might be better off buying a roller with some upgrades.

do not go to integy go rpm still plastic but very hard and flexes when u need it to u go aluminum u will break all that pretty metal

Back