Sweet Video For SkyMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
buh bye

it was nice knowin ya Rob, when Sky sees this, I bet ya get banned like real quick. We all know what power does to buddies heads.:hi:

You got that right. I'll take the silence from Sky as a sign he's already beginning the banning process.

ok once again I have pissed myself.

I know I need to go to a doctor to have my weak bladder control looked at or just start wearing Depends.

for the record Macs are much easier to use and crash way less than a winbox, also hardware is a dream with Mac's as there is no plug and pray. Would I personally own one HELL NO!

I think skymaxx can enjoy a little ribbing here and there.

I had a roommate in college and he was this total mac nut. i learned a lot about them. properly setting up a mac is walk in the park. apparently they have these "extensions" that can really screw you over if you have too many running at once. i can remember my roommate cleaning up other people macs and making them work better. from the sounds of it, this guy uses a mac just for video editing. if he's a pc nut, then of course he doesn't know how to configure the Mac so it doesn't crap out on him.

the video was funny none the less. :thumbup:

Originally posted by RobH
I think skymaxx can enjoy a little ribbing here and there.
Yeah, sure. Just make sure your bags are already packed, something tells me that he won't even give you time to pack your bags when it's official.

um burned and own3d8-0 :flamer:

Awesome find Rob!!! That poor guy needs some help. Long live the PC!!!!!! This is the only thing a mac is good for. :)

I don't ban people for sharing their opinions. I may not and sure as hell do not have to like them nor agree with them...but banning someone for voicing one is childish.

I'll just pull out this old proverb...

"Opinions are like ass holes, everyone has one and they all stink!"

For the record, I have two Macs...soon to be three maybe four...and have had more problems with any PC I have ever worked with than any Mac. Of note, I do have a PC environment set up on a small paritition on one Mac and that thing crashes more than anything I have ever seen.

You want stability get UNIX. You want more stability get UNIX based OS 10 on a new PowerMac. You can all keep your lousy PCs.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
and have had more problems with any PC I have ever worked with than any Mac.
You can't let the used and way to abused DOD PC's be your determination as to their worth.

I think if you gave a PC with Windows XP Pro a week or two you would find that the operating system is pretty solid. I have yet to have a BSOD with XP. *knocks on wood* Now the security of XP is a different can of worms.

I don't ban people for sharing their opinions. I may not and sure as hell do not have to like them nor agree with them...but banning someone for voicing one is childish.

You want stability get UNIX. You want more stability get UNIX based OS 10 on a new PowerMac. You can all keep your lousy PCs.

First, it was a joke, Sky. You know, "funny, ha ha".

Second, OS 10 is "The poop". I'm a PC tech, and every day I curse MS for their half assed attempt at OS's. That's a joke. Usually new versions of software include fixes to old bugs, not just a facelift, oooh, that's so pretty, but why do I feel like my ports are greased up and open for some seedy net peep that's eye'n my box? Yeah, I'm a PC tech, I got a shitload of PC's at the house, but I got a G4 too, and it's the jewel of my "collection". PC's = paycheck..... nothing more.

I know it was a joke, but lately RobH has been a little sensitive...wouldn't want him to take EP seriously.

Second, EP, I don't have used or abused DOD hardware. I get to use Dell Dimension 8100 series machines with flat panel monitors and all the bells and whistles. mcvickj, the machines happen to be loaded with half and half...some are XP Pro...others 2000. Both are crap. Heck I just had one completely kill a hard drive....just stopped it dead.

Are Bill Gates' products all crap? I don't think so. Do I like working on PCs? Only when I absolutely have to. Which do I prefer? MAC all the way.

EP, I don't have used or abused DOD hardware. I get to use Dell Dimension 8100 series machines with flat panel monitors and all the bells and whistles.
Oh I forgot you're an Ossifer and don't have to be grateful for someone's used hand me down.

Are Bill Gates' products all crap?

Lets talk compatability. A guy I work with recently told me about Midtown Madness crashing on a regular basis on his Win 98 machine. MM is a MS product, and it crashed everytime my coworker tried to run it. His machine will play other games just fine, just not MM. Nice.:wtf:

Having never worked on a MAC at all ever in my life I really dont have any comparison but I just wanted to put my .02 cents into this and say that I have a customer base of over 1000 machines all windows based (9x and higher) and every time a machine has crashed is it typically due to some virus, an idiot user installing something they shouldnt, or some peice of hardware failing. I have never had an issue with the OS itself.

Maybe my company is just lucky. Maybe we have users that only use their machines to access a proprietary database so I would definitly call them a-typical users but this just proves my point....Since they dont load their machines up with crap they never have a problem with their machines.

My biggest beef with windows can be summed up in two words, security updates. Here's two more, service packs.

Yeah, my OS 10 machine occasionally says that there are ones for it, but it's not every freakin day. I'm with you RobR, I work for an OEM, and all of our machines are Windows, and yes most of the problems are user related (not all, but most). I just wish MS would fix old bugs and not gloss them over with a flashy GUI and tell you it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Has anyone noticed the catch phrase for Server 2003? Do more with less (but pay out the butt for it). And have all the old bugs too?

I started to remember my deep dark past and I remembered back in the day when computers used tapes instead of disk drives that everyone either had an Apple or an IBM.

When did the terminology change from IBM to PC?

I believe it was when IBM released thier 8086 4Mhz PC that the name stuck. Then it was the IBM PC Jr. and the rest is history.

Back