Couple of mind blowing videos

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
These arent RC related but they are incredible videos.

Forget the fact that this video is done from a Christian stand point, just watch it and check out the absolutely mind blowing world of fractals. The Mandelbrot set being one of the most famous fractals. It is not only visually amazing, its also infinite, and mind blowingly complex!

This video is the next evolution in fusion reactors and is also pretty amazing although not as amazing as the Mandelbrot set :)

Fractals
Very cool. I forgot how fascinating fractals... and math is. You can describe anything, model anything with mathematics and science. Great presentation, he is well versed on the subject and well rehearsed on stage.

However, his final arguments are flawed. Nature does not follow the laws of physics nor math. Physics and math are modeled after nature and natural phenomenon. The sciences are created/discovered because man wanted to "understand" nature and have a way to describe it. Also physics has evolved, from Newtonian physics to Modern physics. Newtonian physics is true(ish) at earthly speed and size but breaks down near the speed of light and for very small particles.

Now one could claim that God sent people with earth and endowed them with wisdom and forethought, which is a different argument and I have no answer. But to think the church persecuted people of science (cough cough, Galileo) when they may have been sent from above is truly something to ponder.

OMG, oops sorry big guy.. girl...I dunno? Something to think about I guess.
1676701133133.png

Thanks for sharing!

Fractals
Very cool. I forgot how fascinating fractals... and math is. You can describe anything, model anything with mathematics and science. Great presentation, he is well versed on the subject and well rehearsed on stage.

However, his final arguments are flawed. Nature does not follow the laws of physics nor math. Physics and math are modeled after nature and natural phenomenon. The sciences are created/discovered because man wanted to "understand" nature and have a way to describe it. Also physics has evolved, from Newtonian physics to Modern physics. Newtonian physics is true(ish) at earthly speed and size but breaks down near the speed of light and for very small particles.

Now one could claim that God sent people with earth and endowed them with wisdom and forethought, which is a different argument and I have no answer. But to think the church persecuted people of science (cough cough, Galileo) when they may have been sent from above is truly something to ponder.

OMG, oops sorry big guy.. girl...I dunno? Something to think about I guess.
View attachment 160514

Thanks for sharing!
A lot of things have been done in the name of Christianity that werent Christian at all. Unfortunately all people are flawed.

Regardless of his arguments, fractals are just fascinating. The Mandelbrot set in particular. Even if you're not in to math particularly theres just an amazing complexity and beauty to it.

A lot of things have been done in the name of Christianity that werent Christian at all. Unfortunately all people are flawed.

Regardless of his arguments, fractals are just fascinating. The Mandelbrot set in particular. Even if you're not in to math particularly theres just an amazing complexity and beauty to it.
They are very cool. I think because they are not only infinite and detailed but the shapes are relatable to things we know and understand.

Have you seen Mandelbulb? It's applications of 3D fractals. Look it up on YT, and you can see fly through.

They are very cool. I think because they are not only infinite and detailed but the shapes are relatable to things we know and understand.

Have you seen Mandelbulb? It's applications of 3D fractals. Look it up on YT, and you can see fly through.
I have not seen that. I will have to check it out!