STS D28M screamin in my savage!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samrsnow

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Very nice man. I want to put an STS 28 or 30 in my Savage too.

Well i finally got some good running footage of my STS D28M running in my savage today and i thought I'd post it up.

http://s282.photobucket.com/player.swf?fil...p;os=1&ap=1

http://s282.photobucket.com/player.swf?fil...p;os=1&ap=1

Its a wheelie machine and I was barely touching the throttle!! :whhooo:

I love this engine!! I have not adjusted the HSN in a pretty long time now. I've only had to touch the LSN once or twice and it was good for the day! :D

Gearing is 18/49 BTW.

Thanks for looking! :)

Oh wow....hey sam, is this the 100 dollar engine that i can't get away from on any forum i go on?? As i said before man, simply amazing.

Truck ain't bad either.

OH NO! Not you again LOL!! :hehe:

Thanks.

Hehe....how you been??? Seeked answers to my questions on this forum since i got banned from *******************. I just went on and ordered the same engine, actually, my g/f did cause she hates the color on the axial. Figure that out. Glad to see that motor is still kicking.

BTW, what's the specs on those wheels??? also, 23mm or 17mm hexes?

Thanks.

Wheelies on the fly! Very impressive!
I just might have to get one of their .30s to handle the extra weight I have on my Savvy.

Hehe....how you been??? Seeked answers to my questions on this forum since i got banned from *******************. I just went on and ordered the same engine, actually, my g/f did cause she hates the color on the axial. Figure that out. Glad to see that motor is still kicking.

BTW, what's the specs on those wheels??? also, 23mm or 17mm hexes?

Thanks.
lol. I'm good.

They are proline 40 series bowties with velocity wheels. With 14mm hexes.

I just might have to get one of their .30s to handle the extra weight I have on my Savvy.

Thanks.

I'd stay away from the .30. Get some aluminum clutch shoes and the .28 and it will be a lethal setup if you gear it right.

Gearing is 18/49 BTW.

I just tried fitting 18/49 in mine and it won't fit. I just installed an LRP28 and had a 16T and 18T bell. The smallest spur I had was the 49. I even ground about 1.5-2mm off the flange of the starter housing of my brand new engine to try and get it to fit, still wouldn't.

I picked up a 47T spur and left the 16T bell on. It's as far in as the engine can go with that combo. I could fit the 18T in now, but considering my slipper issues I had with 16/49, I'm guessing 16/47 may be a bit worse and 18/47 even worse yet.

Cool to see yours wheelie like that. Is it an extended savage or standard or X?

Not sure I'd bother with the 30. From what I've read, the 28 was STS's good basher engine. The 30 was very hit or miss, more on the miss. I know the one I had was a definite miss. Ran just as good as my axial... lol.

Olds. I'm running the FLM non extended LCG tvps on my truck. I had to use button head screws on one side to get 18/49 to fit. Its more of a basher gearing. But i'm going with a 47T spur soon for more speed so the engine can really stretch its legs

Here is a few pics of my truck at the race track from a few weeks ago so y'all can see how this thing is set up

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

Dirty little savage ain't it?

Olds. I'm running the FLM non extended LCG tvps on my truck. I had to use button head screws on one side to get 18/49 to fit. Its more of a basher gearing. But i'm going with a 47T spur soon for more speed so the engine can really stretch its legs

Here is a few pics of my truck at the race track from a few weeks ago so y'all can see how this thing is set up

IMG_1464.jpg

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1467.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

Dirty little savage ain't it?

Oh wow...i might have to get me some flm lcg tvps. That thing sits perfectly. BTW, thanks for the pics of the throttle relocation. Been searching all day.

Back