Savage XL rear drive completely disabled

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a Savage XL that I bought used still in the box, Recently I was out playing in sand hills & all of a sudden my Front wheels almost sinned off the wheels, I stopped to check it & my Rear Drive is completely Disabled.

The car starts fine and it runs good and evil operation normally with the exception I have no rear wheel drive or front wheel. And they help me diagnose the problem this is also my first Nitro powered R/C.........HELPPPP .

Front wheels almost sinned off the wheels,

evil operation
Get it blessed, it may even require an exorcism.

Your post is a little confusing, it's easier for us to help you if we can understand your issue. Have you lost power to the front and rear wheels, or just the rear? You need to figure out where the power stops. Start with the clutchbell on the engine, if it spins move on down the line, spur gear, output shafts from the transmission, drive shafts from the diffs, and finally the actual wheels.

Front wheels almost sinned off the wheels,

evil operation
Get it blessed, it may even require an exorcism.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Lol...I agree. I didn't respond since I don't know what the problem is.
Take your time, read before you post or no one can help you.

it runs good and evil
Does that mean it's an intermittent problem?

Could be a few things. Follow the drive train as suggested. Something has fallen off or broke. I know the center axle cup grub/pins like to fall out.

If the rear diff isn't broken I think you are missing a grub screw in the rear diff.

Back