Savage X SS 4.6 guzzling fuel...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I'll have to look into different pipes. As far as I'm concerned this has the OEM style pipe, except its chrome and a 1-piece, instead of a black 2 piece. But in the end, I found out I really dont have time to use it as much as I thought I would lol. It's been over a month and I still have over half a qt of fuel left. It's been mainly torn apart getting stuff fixed/upgraded on it. I just modded rear steer into it, now I have to figure out where to put my new fuel tanks lol.
As long as your having fun using it thats all that counts!

Oh i am! I just wish everybody didnt switch to lipo. Its just not as exciting...
I'm with you there- with electric you kinda just turn it on and then it sounds like a hoover for 1/2 an hour and then it stops, whereas with nitro you start it up- everybody's already annoyed and you haven't even started driving it, but when you do go no matter what the specs say, it feels like you have so much more torque and general mental-ness and power!

I'm with you there- with electric you kinda just turn it on and then it sounds like a hoover for 1/2 an hour and then it stops, whereas with nitro you start it up- everybody's already annoyed and you haven't even started driving it, but when you do go no matter what the specs say, it feels like you have so much more torque and general mental-ness and power!
Exactly! I love hearing my savage shift gears! Sounds friggin beastly when mobbin up a huge rock pile! I can't wait to get ot assembled again

Exactly! I love hearing my savage shift gears! Sounds friggin beastly when mobbin up a huge rock pile! I can't wait to get ot assembled again
Your making me jealous- I haven't got a 2 speed buggy yet!

Your making me jealous- I haven't got a 2 speed buggy yet!
Lol its fun but with the offroad tires, right after i hit 2nd they sawblade on me :/ i need to get some street tires. Been thinking of a 3 speed upgrade, not for speed, but better acceleration.

Thanks BamaFan. He's got a website but no ordering online. It's ok. Been so busy working on the truck I haven't used a half tank of the qt I bought lol

If working on your kit isn't at least enjoyable....I like to work on mine almost as much as I like to drive it. My 1 quart of 30% is still 1/2 full and I've gone through 3 tanks. Looks like i may get 6 total out of a quart. Granted I don't fill the tank to the roof. 72 or so minutes off of one quart isn't bad at all.

Back