Storm or Avenger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoc2008

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My friend is interested in getting a 1/8 scale buggy and he kind of narrowed it down to two the avenger and storm. What is the difference between the two? Which one should he get? Or if there is a better buggy you would like to suggest.

Nice to see your back bmoc..... I would say get a storm but i havent seen the avenger yet so i can't say anything for that!

Its good to be back thank you, but I had heard I think that the avenger was like the newer model of the storm but I may be wrong.

Thanks that does help. For some reason I couldn't find the avenger on their website. Oh well thanks for the help. Also do you know if it comes in a kit or rtr?

Good to see you too El, but I still want to know which one is better?

Last edited:
The avenger is the newer one so imagine it might be better but then agian some people like the k2 more than the k3.:dance:

I think the Avenger looks top notch. It's slated to be the replacement for the Storm Pro at some point, and the Storm RTR will keep full production until such time as they decide to either make a stripped down avenger or a different model.

Unfortunately, it's not available yet as far as I can tell. It's supposed to have hit the shelves by now but I think they are probably having trouble with the manufacturing side since they are having trouble producing Storm parts.

I'd go with Avenger if you could, and stock up on parts if you could. But since I don't think you can, the Storm is probably looking pretty good =) It's a good machine; if you already have a radio and engine definately go with the Storm pro, unless you're new to the hobby since you gotta assemble it.

Back