Stay away from White Rhino Hobbies on Ebay!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Kbeckwith17 and I bought a couple of OFNA buggies from White Rhino and had to file a complaint with Paypal. They never delivered the product. I called and they said they were out and to wait a few more days to see if more come in. We waited and then called to no avail. We couldn't get through for three days. So I emailed them again for a refund and then went through Paypal. There is a happy ending to this story and is Kbeckwith17 bought one from our LHS Fields Hobby and I just received my refund today so I am placing my order this week. They only have channel one in stock so I have to place an order so KB and I can bash. So take it from me, White Rhino has some great deals but they usually don't deliver. Read there feedback.

Scott. :cheers:

great thanks for the heads up.i do alot of ebaying..so here is another one on my don't buy from list...

I looked at there feedback before I placed the bid and I took my chances because of the deal and they were running the OFNA LX Comp listing for about two weeks. The bidding on these buggies were for 24 hours and they would relist everyday and I thought they had a large supply of buggies. They just suck and I hope no one else gets bit in the ass by them.

thanks scott, and i will keep a look out

Leaving feedback regarding your experience for them on ebay is the best way to let others know what kind of seller they are dealing with.

Some people don't like compaines like PayPal, but here is the prime example why it's important to do business through them. If you would have sent the guy a money order, check, or paid via credit card over the phone you would have been screwed.

PayPal is the shizzy in the hizzy!

I personally will not buy from a seller that does not take paypal. Gives me an avenue of recourse if the seller flakes and it is a convenient way to pay.

pay pal is my only way that i pay.. i won't do it any other way..protection,protection,protection..unless i really know you

this is why i don't like e-bay i rather go to a store and buy and touch the product then put a credit card number online.i was pissed at a place called xioxide.com for my ThermalTake CPU Fan{the box it was sent in was squished but lucky the fan worked}.i never had problems with tigerdirect and should have got it from their.

oh he we go off track.tigerdirect sucks i bought a mb from then and a cpu..
i could not get tec support from them on the weekend...they expect you to do it durring the week day. when i work.i don't know about you but i don't have time to just stop work and talk to tec support at work for an hour..and iam not at home in frount of my computer..i got a bad mb..i wound up buying a new one local.and putting the new cpu in it.i whould have returned the whole package but sence i didn't buy a new cpu fan from them they whould not take back the cpu..what a joke...

same here no paypal no sale!!! for ebay that is a must just so you have some kind of records and someone to fall back on if there is a screw up,there should be a list somewhere on this forum where to list name of bad sellers with the experiance they had I'm sure they have some good sales but it takes just one bad sale thne your screwed "rcnt buyer beware list"

Thanks for the heads up scotthg1. Paypal is the way to go for sure. Back in the early days of ebay and online auctions, I was burned a few times and stayed away untill paypal came along.

I do alot of Ebaying and I didn't want anyone else getting a$$ reamed by this Hobby shop. So I hope people stay away from White Rhino and Paypal has finally paid off after selling all of my stuff on Ebay and then Paypal taking out there fees. It's about time.

Scott.

Thanks for the info. At least paypal delivered on their end. I'm surprised that they didn't try to get out of it. I got ripped off about 2 years ago for an Xbox ($100) & tried to file w/ ebay & paypal, but didn't get jack. Both places made an excuse as to why I couldn't get a refund & basically gave me the run around. BTW, did you guys know that ebay owns paypal. So they basically hit you twice when they charge you fees. Ebay hits you once to sell your item, then paypal hits you w/ their fees. But it's all part of busniness.

Later....:mex:

One thing I always do now when making purchases from ebay over $25 bucks or so is have paypal deduct the money from my credit card directly rather than taking it from my paypal funds.

This way if I get ripped and paypal decides to peepee me around which they have before when I bought a cd deck online I just give them a week, tell them they have X amount of days left and if that dont work just do a chargeback from my credit card company.

ANYTHING you purchase that is somehow deducted from your credit card via paypal, direct credit card etc the consumer always has the upperhand which is really a great thing providing people do not abuse it.

Well I received my money from this because I had used $94.00 out of Paypal buyer credit. Kbeckwith17 wasn't so lucky, he is getting dicked around by Paypal. He has to talk to Ebay directly and out of the $285.00 he paid he will only see $175.00 because Ebay only covers $200.00 and $25.00 processing fee. If you use papal buyer credit your covered up to $500.00. So buyer beware of paypal or use your buyer credit or a credit card.

Scott.

I got screwed by pay pal a couple of years ago, and will never do buisness through them again.
Maybe I'm the unique person who got beat for big bucks, but never again.
The sum of over $3800 was taken out of my account.
They never refunded the money.

Holy Sh!t $3800.00, I really feel bad for you. That really sucks bad, I don't know if I could even deal with online shopping after that issue. I'm thinking about using my credit card and just staying away from Paypal, at least I'm protected through the credit card company.

Scott.

Back