Starting question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohmygahitscoby

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Alright, my needles are just the way I like it, but when I start it, it takes a while for the temperature to get right for the needles to kick in. When I start it I want to rev it so the head heats up, but it just bogs down and dies. Should I just leave it there idle or do I have to lean it up at start then richen it once it gets warm?

Don't mess with the needles if you have it tuned. I usually preheat with a heat gun unless it's warm outside. If you don't use or have a heat gun just blip the throttle some to keep it from loading up.

Yeah Jet is right on with this one. Leave those needles alone unless you HAVE TO. Just run it around a bit or even bump up the throttle trim on your controller to get it to run.

i just let it idle for a full minute or so. then run it around in some circles til it reaches temps... top off your fuel and good to go..

So I should just let it bog for awhile until the engine gets hot?

thats what i would do. or just let it idle. or just drive real slow.

Just revving the engine isn't good for it. Got to have it running on its wheels

Maybe your glow plug isn't hot enough... I dunno just throwing it out there lol :LoL: