Starter box for ntc3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gta18

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi, just bought the ntc3 and haven't run it yet because am having troubles getting the engine idle properly. It always shuts off even at high rpms. Now am thinking of buying a starter box so I Won't need to use the pullstart. Will any starter box work on it? It has the .12 with side exhaust.
thanks. :boxing:

Most starter boxes will work for the ntc3. I use a 1/10 scale OFNA starter box. You just have you make sure that it'll line up with the flywheel properly.

Great deal on box

GerberRC.com has a great deal on a awesome starter box, use hours between two 24.7 engines without any problems.

question....
my starter box is set up for my drake.... am i gunna have to hold the ntc3 sideways to make it work?

Yes, or readjust the starter box to set it up for the direction the NTC3's flywheel goes.

holding it sideways will work. It'll be tricky, specially when you want to have it start right away but with time you will know what to do. The problem is when others will try starting your NTC3 on the box (we have to do that when we race, for the pit stops when it flames out).

I would suggest just getting another starter box and dedicate it to the NTC3. We use 2 boxes, one for the ntc3 and one for the Serpent 710. I use the OFNA Multistart box. It's the Pink one with a single high torque motor. No belts, directlybolted to the motor.