Spare parts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've already started to compile a list of what I (will) have, and what I need. When it comes in, I'm sure I'll have a few questions. Although, I really wish the damn thing would come in already. It's marked as shipped, but there's still no tracking number.

What would really be nice would be if it got here today, but I doubt it. Soonest likely would be tomorrow, latest would be next Tuesday. I feel like I'm a 12 year old 2 days before christmas. The anticipation is killing me.

I know what you mean. I always end up ordering on Thursday because its pay day, then I end up waiting until like Wednesday to get my order. It sucks. If I ordered on a Monday, I'd probably still get it Wednesday.

I know what you mean I had to rap my new 3.3 tmaxx because if the family saw me with a brand new tmaxx at christmass time they would of had been able to guess the big boxes they had were r.c's... (for almost a week!!!) sitting there tonting me.. that sucked so bad.. but it was worth the expretions on their face was a good enough pay off

I know what you mean I had to rap my new 3.3 tmaxx because if the family saw me with a brand new tmaxx at christmass time they would of had been able to guess the big boxes they had were r.c's... (for almost a week!!!) sitting there tonting me.. that sucked so bad.. but it was worth the expretions on their face was a good enough pay off

Just received word that the post office has the package, and it is ready for pickup. Wow that was fast (but at least it came in today)! :banana:

To bad I haven't made that trip to the hobby ship, and have no fuel. And I'm stuck in work until 6. :censored:

Oh no that sucks!!! are you able to pick up the maxx after work or are you bumming for the night because of work?? that would be horrible it would be like they were holding it ransum.. l.o.l.

Out of work at 6PM exactly, home with the car by 6:35. :D

Didn't get to use it, due to lack of... erm, almost everything necessary to run it, but I did get to play around with it a bit. Took some stuff apart, cleaned it up a little bit, replaced some lines, a broken part, and some stripped screws though.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the LHS. I have a pretty good connection there apparently, and the owner is going to check it out for me, we're gonna start it up and tune it, and maybe run it around the track. Also have a little bit of a shopping list, thanks to you guys.

In the meantime, here she is:

2011-05-26231101.gif

2011-05-26231045.gif

2011-05-26230741.gif

2011-05-26230719.gif

One of the trays of parts:
2011-05-26231028.gif

Chargers and stuff. (only one battery came with it, i happened to have another just lying around!)
2011-05-26231034.gif

2011-05-26230944.gif

Re-purposed part of my plane work area for my car:
2011-05-26231149.gif

There's a lot more stuff then shown in the pics, but I wouldn't want to overload anyone's Internet, if it's too slow :lick:

:celebrate3:Congrats on the new rig!!! Wow, that guy spent alot of $$$ on that maxx there! also, looks like you have already got a fuel filter too. I was going to mention last time that just for fun but not at all necessary, you might want to "make it your own" and get a new body for it. It is very rewarding to paint your own lid and personalize it. Just a thought. When I picked up my Tmaxx, it had a body with it, but I wanted my own painted body that I could beat on since new.

Last edited:
nice looking rig.. definetly want rpm a arms cause she looks alittle more heavier than she comes stock... just remember the heavier they are the harder they fall..

its too clean!!!!

Wow did he dump some coin in that rig, looks like you could mark off some of parts on the spares list.

Check to see if there are any friction pegs in the parts box, if not buy some when go to the LHS.

I use all 12 of them per spur, makes for better grip and with using all 12 they last longer.

I would also buy a brake pads set to double up on and put some cut down retractable pen springs between the pads.

054-1.jpg

I used an old servo saver spring in place of the tube on the brake linkage.
It takes a little adjusting to get the braking right, but I can front flip my truck if jam on the brakes at speed set~up like this.
034-1.jpg

Last edited:
nice looking rig.. definetly want rpm a arms cause she looks alittle more heavier than she comes stock... just remember the heavier they are the harder they fall..

its too clean!!!!

It was much dirtier before. But don't worry, I dont plan on keeping it clean for long ;). For some reason that I may never figure out, the truck has 2 RPM upper arms on the back. And I have a spare set of upper AND lower arms from RPM. All the rest aren't. I'm assuming they're stock. Either way, I'm gonna try to pick up some today at the shop.

you might want to "make it your own" and get a new body for it. It is very rewarding to paint your own lid and personalize it. Just a thought. When I picked up my Tmaxx, it had a body with it, but I wanted my own painted body that I could beat on since new.

Definitely getting a new body. We have an F-250, and I found the exact same body shell from tower hobbies for like 20-something bucks. I was thinking of buying that an painting it to match. Maybe thats a little geeky, but I thought it would be kinda cool to have a mini version of it. (And I ain't gonna be doing any jumps with the full sized one, so I might as well with this).

And @Nitro: I got friction pegs with it. 3 of them lol. I'm gonna pick up some of those, 2 sets of brake pads, and a new disc. And maybe a servo saver and some ballpoint pens, cause I like both of your ideas in the pics. Thanks!

he might of broke a few arms and just replaced as they broke maybe.. hard to say what someone was thinking when they half ass something...

and come on do you know how cool of a picture or video to have both your trucks taking a jumpi in the sand pit together!!!! gotta atleast do it once you get the new top painted like the new one..

The thing you will have to watch out for when you run it if you leave the stock a arms on it they will break easily under the weight and presure from a bad jump whee the rst of it is aluminum... My e-maxx was always snapping the only plastic peice's I had on it when it broke.... small jumps never had a problem but them jumps that start a cartwheel motion are the ones that hurt!!

and come on do you know how cool of a picture or video to have both your trucks taking a jumpi in the sand pit together!!!! gotta atleast do it once you get the new top painted like the new one..

maybe...

Finally made it to the LHS, and picked up some stuff.

• Hinge pin set - He didn't have the eclip style, so I just got the screw in ones. Good thing, cause it turns out a few on the car were already a little bent.
  • Hump Pack - just until I buy the LiPo stuff, cause I do still want to do that.
  • Fuel filter
  • Fuel Bottle
  • 1 Gallon 20% Nitro
  • 1 foot fuel line - I wanna redo the lines before I start'er up.
  • 2 Spare spur gears
  • Shock oil - turns out none of the shocks had oil. (damn those are a bitch to do)
  • Nitro Klean - comes in a spray can like the air dusters. Cleans really good.
  • Gears for a 3D plane
  • Something else I forgot already

As of now, I finally have everything I need to run the car. It's in like 25 pieces right now though. I've unmounted the engine/carb/muffler to clean them out with that stuff I bought. Started filling the shocks with oil. Started running all new fuel lines. And have replaced all the hinge pins. And some other small stuff. Batteries are charging overnight though, and with any luck, I should be up and running by like 5pm tomorrow. (too bad I work all morning :(). At least today has been productive.

I still think I'm gonna order a new steering servo, some ball bearings for the steering, a spare brake disc/pad set, clutch shoes/spring, and a slipper clutch/pegs/rings. Perhaps also a cut-off switch, just in case.

u got a good start.. now the real fun wil come tomorow.. bringer to work and use up the lunch break!!!

I wish I could have. I already had it here yesterday to do some work on the front end. I could probably finish it up today, but the parking lot is too small to drive in anyways. And I don't get a lunch break...

With any luck, I will be back home and have it done this afternoon, tune the engine, and then try her out in the woods, or maybe the beach near my house.

Last edited:
So, of course, I got screwed over again.

I got everything reassembled and got ready to start the car... only to find out that my ez start battery is trashed. I put it on my computer charger and did a slow charge, then it switched over to a trickle where I left it overnight last night. But it just looks like it can't provide enough power for the electric motor to start the engine.

I also bought some 1600mAh rechargeable AA type batteries the other day. I think instead of the hump pack, I might use those to power the car instead. So, when I return the hump pack (which was way too expensive anyways), should I get a new bettery fo the EZ start, or should I just say screw it and get the pull start. I already have tons of glow plugs, rechargeable, D-cell, and AA powered, so all I would need is the pull start unit itself. And I think I would be much happier carrying a glow plug around instead of a big, heavy starter that I have to make sure is charge all the time.

Is not having to worry about the extra battery worth having a pull start? Or is that too much of a pain? Any help/suggestions appreciated.

So, of course, I got screwed over again.

I got everything reassembled and got ready to start the car... only to find out that my ez start battery is trashed. I put it on my computer charger and did a slow charge, then it switched over to a trickle where I left it overnight last night. But it just looks like it can't provide enough power for the electric motor to start the engine.

I also bought some 1600mAh rechargeable AA type batteries the other day. I think instead of the hump pack, I might use those to power the car instead. So, when I return the hump pack (which was way too expensive anyways), should I get a new bettery fo the EZ start, or should I just say screw it and get the pull start. I already have tons of glow plugs, rechargeable, D-cell, and AA powered, so all I would need is the pull start unit itself. And I think I would be much happier carrying a glow plug around instead of a big, heavy starter that I have to make sure is charge all the time.

Is not having to worry about the extra battery worth having a pull start? Or is that too much of a pain? Any help/suggestions appreciated.

IMO keep the ez start, it is easier to use. I have heard that the pull start will leave blisters on your fingers when trying to pull it over. Just make sure that if you are going to use AA batteries instead of the hump pack, that the AA batteries are supplying 6.0 volts to power the servos.

IMO keep the ez start, it is easier to use. I have heard that the pull start will leave blisters on your fingers when trying to pull it over. Just make sure that if you are going to use AA batteries instead of the hump pack, that the AA batteries are supplying 6.0 volts to power the servos.

TBH I was kind of assuming that that was the problem. After I charged it, I tried to start the car. The engine started to turn over a little bit, but I don't think it was fast enough to start the car. After maybe 30 seconds of trying, the lights on the starting wand died and the motor refused to try and turn over the engine. Both still spin freely, so I don't see anything else that it could possibly be.

How long should that wand battery last? As in, how many starts can you typically get before you recharge it? If it's only like 3 or 4, then I'm definitely getting the pull start (as I said, I hate charging batteries.) But if it's closer to 10 and up, then I'll keep it.

Wow did he dump some coin in that rig, looks like you could mark off some of parts on the spares list.

Actually mark some more spares on the list, its all Integy and I betcha its replaced REAL soon...