SLASH ,, has been ,,MAXED !!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RELIC01

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
We got hit hard with a one day snow fall , I ended the Mr. Plow day at Hobbytown ordering the new Traxxas slash max , I don't have a short course type vehicle SOOOOO,,,, anyways ,,,FILM @ 11 WELL actually film @ 02/08/24 around 5pm ,,kmg365kmgw ?

After all my studies , it's nothing I didn't expect, but o.m.g. ! Really Traxxas !!! Why is it other than keeping the price down , do they put $15 servos in there trucks all there vehicles come come with the cheapest servo they can fit in there ! The one that comes in the max slash , can be purchased on e bay for $14.68 , it's the same crap that comes in the max , it took literally years for them to to quit putting in cardboard gears , so I wonder if I'll see worthwhile servos in my lifetime , COME ON !!!!! JEEEEEZE !!!!

x2 We all deal with it, Traxxas, Arrma, 1/24 1/18, 1/10/1x1. It's like that. Oh I forgot, 1/5, 1/7, ?????????. Axial, Losi, . Sure I missed one or two. 🤣

Last edited:
I change stock servos right out of the bow on almost anything , I know one thing , kraken servos are junk , I've blown 4 of them and had two of them glitch like crazy on futaba receivers , and after that being said , they recommend that they not be used with spectrum , they must have a side deal with fly sky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I change stock servos right out of the bow on almost anything , I know one thing , kraken servos are junk , I've blown 4 of them and had two of them glitch like crazy on futaba receivers , and after that being said , they recommend that they not be used with spectrum , they must have a side deal with fly sky 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Glad you found a fix. :thumbs-up:

Well ,,,,,,,, I got the thing home today , I've seen every video on this rig ,and still looking at new ones , but everything I had figgered , is ABSUGULOOOOLY spot on ! This thing has a hard time staying on its tires , it's very obvious, everything about it screems , TO NARROW ! I will be putting the wide kit on this thing , the max sledgehammers on it and trimming the body to make it all work , it's all good , it's gunna be a great truck , as soon as I fix it !!!!! Should be a great project , can't wait ,it's to bad Traxxas can't make a decent battery , so I'll be cutting off connections and warranty off for sure !!

... I will be putting the wide kit on this thing , the max sledgehammers on it and trimming the body to make it all work...

Reminds me of the making of the OG Monster Slash. I'm sure it's going to be fun!
splash-01.jpg

It's longer n wider , and I'm gunna finish what Traxxas started

Still a traxxass though

Look I hate on traxxass because they could be SO MUCH better, yet they don’t. It’s a design team that scrapes by with bare minimum. All the money they make, and they don’t even put it back into the hobby.

Last edited:
FINNALLY!!! Pay day !! Got all the stuff TRAXXAS left out of the max slash on the way , painfully to do but I did all this to my slash platinum, I sold it , but it was a blast to drive , might develop heat shut down here , if so I've got a max 8 might go good there , we shall see !!

I'm gunna try these new upgrade rc dirt claws tires on the max slash , I've got the wide kit installed and body trimmed , size comparison is pretty close , on another note ,,,,, this upgrade rc logo is SOOOOO lame , I hate it when companies try to be tech savvy and come up with very boring logo's , it should be a monster truck busting through a brick wall or something with upgrade rc on the grill or something what a lame logo , but there tires are made in the USA so that's encouraging,,,, I think ?

Back