servo gone crazy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikdafoe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
my car will idle fine but as soon as i turn on my servo it starts going crazy and it just goes wide open, i have an hpi rs4 evo, any ideas guys?

Last edited:
check your throttle trim!! and you really shouldnt start any rc without the transmitter and the reciever on because it could cause alot of damage.. but you check your trim and if that isnt it unhook your linkage and realign it to idle when it should idle and go when you hit the throttle.

reciever on first, off last.....but Id say if its not a throttle trim issue then you probably have a bad servo.

yup between those few things u should find one is your problem.

thanks, i just had to adjust the linkage and throttle trim a bit. its running great now

Just for future reference, NEVER start it without making sure that the servos are responding properly. Not even a fail safe will save it if it's not turned on.

reciever on first, off last.....but Id say if its not a throttle trim issue then you probably have a bad servo.

Other way round. Transmitter is the first thing you turn on and last you turn off.

i nearly totaled my jato like that it took off on my and smoked a cast iron fence at wot wont make that mistake again, always turn your transmiter on first and off last

yup I have got that drilled into my kids head so I dont watch an rc get totaled without it being fun first l.o.l.

I had that problem with my stock associated gt2 servo. Found out it was defected. Replaced with another one. Now it works fine.