savage x handling problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avelciario

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys, I have a savage x with xtm 28 nitro engine (modified) I have a problem on handling once I full throttle and once it shift to 2nd gear I can't control the car. It so fast and the front tire almost out of the road.
And body can help me with this problem cause I can't enjor the power of my savage. What should I change or modify.
By the way I am using a 19 clutch gear and 49 spur gear.

I would try and learn some throttle control.

if its too much at full throttle then run 1/2 to 3/4

alot of people know to speeds idle and full throttle

driving a truck with a stock motor and driving a truck that has a modified motor can be very

different, just like driving a honda versus a corvette

Get a CB with more teeth and/or a spur with fewer teeth, this will give you more top end and less torque. You can also play around with adding weight to the front of the truck, if you're going for speed and are on road, I'd lower the suspension and soften the rear up a good bit. With soft rear suspension, the back end will sag instead of planting and lifting the front.

Lower the truck. Adding spacers inside the shocks to limit droop and getting the arms level at rest will help a lot. I can drive mine WOT and take turns on dirt/grass/or asphalt at WOT no problem. I do have a lot more done than just some shock mods but that is a big step.

Thank you all guys, I will try it next friday, I will let you all know what happen.
Thanks.
resized2.jpg

Look how low mine is compared to that. I still launch 20+feet in the air no problems.

DSCN1346.jpg

Last edited:
Nice car bro. You've got modified suspensions, How I wish I can get that modified parts here in United Arab Emirates. Cause if I order parts from the US it take me too much money just for the freight. From where are you?

Hello, I've tried it last friday, I lowered the truck. And it makes a little bit ok. But still If the 2nd gear engaged I don't know if where the car will go that's why I pressed the brake so hard. Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it, and helps me a lot. Thanks. Here's the video
th_savagex.jpg

Last edited:
Not definite but the tune sounds a little lean IMO (Produces great power(Maybe a little too much) and there isnt much smoke from what I can see in the vid). If you run it richer it will produce a little less power which may help in keeping you going straight when shifting. It could also extend your engine life as well. What temps does it typically run at? Just my .02

Get a CB with more teeth and/or a spur with fewer teeth, this will give you more top end and less torque. You can also play around with adding weight to the front of the truck, if you're going for speed and are on road, I'd lower the suspension and soften the rear up a good bit. With soft rear suspension, the back end will sag instead of planting and lifting the front.

:goodpost:

My temp is only 220F, All my cars I tuned only max temp at 220F although some saying I can go 260 but I don't. And The cb is already 19 and the spur is 49.

Back