savage vs monster gt

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest with everyone, we can go on debating which ones are "better" for whatever reason. Base your decision upon the availability of parts for your rig, and what you plan to do with it. Then decide what your budget is on upgrading it.

I have had an MGT and personally I wasn't impressed with it. Though it was stock I thought of it as an overgrown/overweight t-maxx. Everything I had would have outran it.

Truth is this: You can modify/upgrade any r/c to do what you want it to do. I've modified my Savage to race, and it handles as well as my Revo does. Why? I've upgraded it with Low CG plates, lightweight wheels and tires, a werks picco wp3 .26, softer springs, and lighter shock oil. Guess what? It doens't handle like a brick on wheels anymore.

Myself, I see qualities in all them, that's why I own a Savage, Revo, and a T-Maxx. I got rid of the MGT less than a week after getting it.

Last edited:
if ur gonna b bashing thing definently the savage 1 of the most durable trucks out there.

well my lhs has parts for the savage, mgt, and revo, so parts availability isn't the problem for me. thanks for the responses.

Back