Savage 90% complete!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frickenjoey

Official RCNT Cyber-Bully
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have had a little project with my Savage over the last several months and it is nearly complete. I have just a few more little things I want to add to it before it's done. Granted it is not as pimp as Rolex's ride but I figure it will do. I wanted it to be pretty but still bashable....What do you guys think?
IMG_1795.jpg
IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1791.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

Real nice! looks good, what body you have for it?

great job man, good choice of real hoppups. what do you have left to do?

yay i love metal=p

best savage i have ever seen

mines just has a new engine =p(yay)

looks heavy=p(just like my bro =p joking:D)

:D

Thats some real nice work and looks killer....If thats what you're gonna use for bashing and you put the last few months of your time and money into it Id have to suggest you taking lots of pics and bring the vid camera out for the first few bashings because I put less work and money into my MGT with some weight adding parts and took it out bashing 4 times and it went from this.....

100-0005.gif

To this in 5 weeks...........For some reason they last longer when theyre all plastic and allowed to flex/bounce because my MGT took a whole years worth the bashing when it was in stock form and faired better I think....The MGT Proline Caddy lid exploded to unuseable after the 2nd day of bashing so I added the roll support,swapped back the rims and said screw the body...This is what it looked like two days ago..

x-15taillightassy342.gif

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:
very nice, let us know how that LRP 30 screams because I think when one of my 28's die that is my next mill.

great job man, good choice of real hoppups. what do you have left to do?
The throttle bellcrank is actually split on the mount so I am going to go ahead with the billet one from GH. That thing will never wear out or break. Problem is the GH stuff may end up breaking the FLM....GH just uses harder alloy! I am also tossing around the idea of a center skid plate since the bottom is WAY open to stuff now with the extension.
Don't worry I am keeping you all posted on the LRP .30. I am thinking about videoing the break in process for Youtube for the heck of it.
Thanks all for the comments i just hope it was worth the effort...we will see

i had the center skid on my x and i really liked it. good job. you put metal where it needs it and not all that bling BS like that old crazy guy.

now go break it(in)!!

I think i got some stock arms, knuckles, and some other savage stuff still laying around if you want it.

Yeah I am thinking about that skid even more...I think it would make it stronger. Matbe even help keep some garbage out of the bottom. I need to find a scale to weigh this sucker to see how much it weighs. I am guessing about 16lbs. So I may need to get those arms off of you...that is going to be a lot of weight crashing down. I have a body that is longer but I still have to finish trimming and paint. I am saddened to paint the lid becuase it's going to be a sweet truck with a crappy paint job.

Update

So update: I broke in the LRP ZR.30 yesterday. I am NOT impressed. That thing so far is a POS. I think the .28 has twice the balls. It either runs stupid hot or bogged down rich. Almost acts like it has an air leak. I am going to tear it down and re-seal it and see what happens and also put in the higher stall clutch springs while I am at it. But as of now I have hated it, very disappointed. Nothing like the two LRP .28s I have. I had to richen the thing to keep the temps DOWN for break-in even though it was stupid rich already. I wonder if the JP-4 pipe is too restrictive? I have heard it may be for that engine, I have seen pipes make an engine run hot. Same thing happened on my Picco .26 in the T-Maxx. Ran hot and like poo until I changed the pipe. I may have to see if I can find a JP-3 to put on it for try out. It is supposed to be a bit less restrictive than the JP4. I am going to put a Savage THS on it for now to see if it changes aything. Then I am going to put the LRP .28 back on there and see how it runs as a comparison. I don’t know, I'm kinda grumpy about it.

Switch to a ofna 086 pipe. That's what they like.

And which THS pipe are you talking about? There is certain one that works GREAT on the LRP .30 from what i was told.

I have the Savage THS pipe as a back-up. Not sure of the part number though. I will try it maybe when I get off work today. Just the huge let down has got me pretty hacked right now...lol. For just a minute I thought about throwing almost everything I have on E-bay.....but it passed...a little.

Sweet savage looks real nice done up makes me wanna do mine but my heart couldnt take all that aluminum rolling across a baseball field or parking lot end over end.LOL if you wanna sell any of the stock pieces you arent gonna use I'm looking for some stuff to finish off another savage project i got.But any way great job thats a beauty...

Back