Rustler Power Upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentHunterKellen

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
whats is the best upgrade for its price to make my rusty faster? I just want it to have a higher top speed WITHOUT sacrificing acceleration. the clutch gear change is one of the hop-ups I'm considering. anything else? Piston? Sleeve? Header? Pipe? and no I'm not getting a new engine. i like my 2.5

-Kellen:madface:

WTF dude the rusty is already considerably over powered. Why would you want more power than what the 2.5 provides. If that is the case you might as well get a drag rail...X

For once I agree with X. I too have the 2.5 Nitro Rustler and it screams. If you want faster get a 22T clutch bell but that will alter your accelation. Lightion your rustler up with Carbon Fiber parts by RD Racing Products and drill out your front and rear arms where the acsess and uneeded plasitc is.
a11.jpg

Click here for the Rustler 11 step weightloss program.

ok easyest way take rustler body off roll rustler away roll xxxnt and or rc10gt into its place..put body on it ... there best upgrade :madface:

but as was stated get some rd parts to lighten that brick up

rob do you not like them or something? i see you always calling them a brick. i think they are very nice trucks.

Websters dictionary

BRICK: Traxxas Rustler

i own on everyone roud here calls um bricks

Originally posted by mad sceintist

Actually I didn't know who started the affectionate name for the Rusty now known as the BRICK.

I did a search for the term "brick" and you will always find one of two things when brick is in a thread either someone is talking about a Rustler or El is talking about hitting something. Well after looking through the first few threads it looks like I get to lay claim to being the one that gave the rusty its nick name. I know that myself NCNITRO and Nitrodave have all called the Rusty the Brick for a while but it looks like this is the first refrence of it here
you would have a car that came off jumps like a brick because it was so heavy.
That is the first time I saw it mentioned as a brick here is the thread https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1088&highlight=Brick

Now one of the most informative bits of info ever made about the rusty was from NC here
See peepee ask for opinions...
See peepee buy a rustler anyway...
See peepee crash his fast ass Rustler cause it drives like a brick...
See peepee cry like a little baby...

Don't be a peepee, but an XXXNT or RC10GT.
So know you see its not just dave that shows no love for the Brick...X

I've seen the rustler at some tracks and it looks fine to me.
I'm the type of guy who doesn't buy what everyone else has ......liek if i buy a monster truck it wont be a tmaxx .....why? because everyone has one.
and if i bought a stadium truck for racing i wouldnt buy an rc10gt....why?...everyone has one.
i like to see some different stuff when i got to a track or something.
a whole crowd of T-maxx or RC10GT truck is as boring as it gets.

same thing when i buy on-road ....no i wont buy a rs4...common common common.
rob dyo uthin its a brick?

I'm not a pro racer nor do i race for money. The brick will do me fine thanks. now I'm probably gonna get some carbon fiber parts for my rusty...glitchy but ill try not to touch the fiber to the radio parts...i hope. Later ill get a Rc10GT or a XXX-NT which one?

good dont go for the same ole same ole

There is a reason everyone you see at the track has a XXXNT or RC10gt, it's because they are solid performers, with plenty of aftermarket support. A rustler is an entry class stadium truck, one step up from a duratrash imo. Spend a few more dollars to start and you will be much happier in the long run. It has absolutely nothing to do with following the crowd. I asked the last person who thought a rusty was such a good truck to find 1 just 1 national event winner that drove a rusty, well guess what, never heard from him again. The 2.5 rustler is very fast truck in a straight line but does not handle well at all. Kellen, you say you eventually will get a XXXNT or RC10, why not save yourself the aggravation and get one from the start, I think you will be much happier following the crowd of race winners, and either of those two is a very good truck.

The rustler is a solid truck and it performs as good as i want it to. I dont know much about racing. I suck. But i want a solid peroformer for my backyard thrashing abilities. What i was looking for is durability, speed(going straight) and power. The rustler performs well in all those areas. And i agree with mad scientist. I never like cars or rc cars that all peeps have. I do want that associated monster gt tho...LOL.

Thats what i'm talking about SilentHunterKellen. The thing is pretty damn durable. But heavy.

tks....mayham you can call me Kellen. I have a feeling I'm like you in ways I'm pretty sure theres only 3 people on this fourm that have rustys and like them.:jester:

-Kellen:cool:

mayhem....not mayham.. i knew that!

Originally posted by NCNitro
. I asked the last person who thought a rusty was such a good truck to find 1 just 1 national event winner that drove a rusty, well guess what, never heard from him again.

that's because he got BANNED

Speaking of upgrades...here is an upgrade i thought you should see! it is WAY overpriced! man...someone coulda bought a new engine for that price!:OMG:
Overpriced Upgrade!
[move]-Kellen[/move]

rusty/brick

:sniper: Ther is no cheep upgrade for the nitro rustler. there are upgrades but not cheep!! powerline makes some great upgrade parts for the truck. as well HGI,and many more. trexxas them salves offer a few upgrades for the truckas well. But if you not looking into becomming an avid racer i would not recomend many upgrades. i have had mine now for a will and its up to $400+ just in upgrades to chassis and suspension.just now getting to control arms and drive shafts ect,.

i have not been to this forum in a while but i do have a rusty and i agree with yall it is a durable and extremly fast truck and you can get shocks for it and it will handle then

my bro has the rustler with the .15 pro in it. that damn thing still hauls ass, i think that it is a fun little truck to mess around with. the dang thing is a tank and virtually impossible to break. but the thing is that traxxas is a beginner class company. everything they make is for new comers. as u see HPI has kits and everything else while traxxas come with just rtr. so that is why the rustler isnt really ranked wiht the big boys

bryan

Back