Rustler 4x4 - My way

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9x19

Hardcore RCTalk User
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Decided I wanted a Rustler to go with my other 4x4s, so I started a piece-by-piece build.

Charcoal gray chassis, VXL-3s / 3500kv motor setup, dedicated TQi radio and TSM receiver.

d6mJgl9.jpg

Using HD axle carriers/steering blocks from a Raptor R

PSyzlxc.jpg

I haven't run in a sanctioned race in more that 20 years, and it's not a misery I need in my life anymore.

I'd much rather bash it with the kids and grand kids... where the competition is fierce, but friendly, tires last longer, the 'track' is just around the corner, and it's open 24/7. :hehe:

No moon launches... even the grand kids got bored with that pretty fast. We just race against one another in a 'down, and around the pecan tree, over to the crape myrtle, then back' sort of way. We have some 8" orange plastic cones we sometimes use as points of navigation.

Or we race around the bases on a ball diamond, sometimes cutting through the middle twice: around first to second, back to home, then around third to second and back to home. Some of the pitcher's mound offer good angles for jumps.

Got the Rustler finished up today.

Losi Pro shocks, and Extreme duty drive shafts... when I was finished, I had this little real-important-looking piece left over. 🤔

J1FLCnH.jpg

Jenny's RC sent the wrong length center drive shaft (Slash vs Rustler), but my tubing cutter and small files took care of it. :thumbs-up:

RIeEK09.jpg

YBUEEwC.jpg

Thanks.

I really miss the kit builds too, which is why this one was done piece by piece. :cheers:

Back