Riddle me this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Candy got it.

The paragraph below is most unusual. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you'd think nothing was wrong with it - and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why?

"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill's manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day's traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, his Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway's night shopping crowds. Gatsby, walking towards that group, saw a young girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration ... "

Uh....because it's almost as lame as the Polar bear poem?

It's unusual because it contains 2 semi-colons, (;) a punctuation mark NO living human being you've ever met knows how or when to use.

It's unusual because it makes little or no sense?

Last edited:
Do I need to call the Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulance?

The manufacturing district would have been closed on a Saturday night. Other than that, if he was the mayor, he wouldn't be walking, he'd be in the back of his limo.

I give up on this one. I fail to find any logical links.

After reading it about 7000 times I noticed that there is no letter "E" in the whole thing. That would be my only guess.

You got it!

The letter "E" is the most commonly used letter in the English language, yet in the whole passage, there was no "E" used.

Sabrina gave Samantha as many dollars as Samantha started out with.

Samantha then gave Sabrina back as much as Sabrina had left.

Sabrina then gave Samantha as back as many dollars as Samantha had left, which left Sabrina broke and gave

Samantha a total of $80.00.

How much did Sabrina and Samantha have at the beginning of their exchange?

A cloud was my mother,

the wind is my father,

my son is the cool stream,

and my daughter is the fruit of the land.

A rainbow is my bed,

the earth my final resting place,

and I'm the torment of man.

What am I?

Yes I am.

Steve, a party magician, is carrying three pieces of gold each piece weighing one kilogram.

On the way to a session he comes to a bridge which has a sign posted saying the bridge could hold only a maximum of 80 kilograms.

Steve weighs 78 kilograms and the gold weighs three kilograms.

He reads the sign and still safely crossed the bridge with all the gold.

How did he manage this?

Oh c'mon. He's a magician. He made the gold disappear while he crossed the bridge and made it reappear at the other side!

Or maybe not....

True, but not the correct answer.

Sorry I'm late getting to this one, but I was busy setting a new record for penguin bashing in the arcade.

Simple enough....he knows how to juggle.

You got it.

What's my number?

I am a three digit number.

My tens digit is five more than my ones digit.

My hundreds digit is eight less than my tens digit.

What number am I?

Already answered.

The magician juggled the gold across.

Nope......

I read it wrong the first time. I did it as the 10 digit being 5 TIMES more instead of just 5 more. For that one, 212 is correct.
For THIS one, it would be 194.

Status
Not open for further replies.