Riddle me this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right again.

A tennis ball has fallen into a narrow deep hole that is too deep for you to reach into. There is a sharp bend in the hole so you can't poke the ball with anything. The ground around the hole is clay, so digging is not an option.

What can you use to get the ball from the hole?

Last edited:
Cool, I'm usually not that quick at answering these, especially at midnight. Someone else will have to take over for now.

Out Here
Randy

fill the hole with water and the tennis ball will float to the top

Yep.

A detective who was mere days from cracking an international smuggling ring has gone missing. While inspecting his last know location, you find a note.

The note appears to be nothing more than a series of numbers. Your gut tells you that the note will reveal the name of the crime kingpin.

Currently there are 3 suspects in the case: John, Bill and Todd. Break the detective's code and find the criminals name.

57735 34
51 7719

could it be a sypher like
A b c d e f g h I j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

It could be...............

hmmm I'm almost stumped so far it says

Ga0
Eggce cd
Ee 0i
Ea ggai

what do i do with the zeroes hmmm
sypher isint working for me

Last edited:
I believe the answer is bill. If I am correct the message is Bill is boss he sells oil. not real sure though.

I took the entire message turned it upside down and read what is looked like.

Way to think outside the box SublimeRevo. You are correct.

A glass jar holds a single germ. After one minute, the germ splits into two germs. One minute after that, the two germs each split again, forming a total of four germs. Continuing at this rate, a single germ can multiply to fill the whole jar in exactly one hour.

Knowing this, how long in minutes would it take to fill the far if you started with 2 germs?

Last edited:
30 minutes? or it could be a trick and be 59 minutes cuz the germ is already split in two and that would take one minute.....

ill say 30 minutes

1/2 hour. If you think about it, in the second situation, each germ is responsible for filling 1/2 of the jar, so it should take half as long.

It's not 30 minutes.

Riddles are rarely the obvious answer or they would not be riddles.

Nope. Try again.

After one minute, the germ splits into two germs
it is 59 minutes

59 is correct.

You have a business on the 8th floor of a 10 story building. It took you 48 seconds to make your way from the 1st floor to the 4th.

If you keep moving at the same speed, how long will it take you to reach the 8th floor from the 4th?

Negative. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.