Revo Differential loose in bulkhead

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armysolo

RCTalk Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I broke out the old revo last night and put my big red in it. The transmission has Robinson Racing steel gears and reverse has been removed. I noticed the rear differential housing has a lot of slop in the bulkhead, while the front has none. I replaced the bulk head but it's still doing it. I checked the differential case but it doesn't look to be damaged or worn compared to the front but I have one on order.

Has anyone seen this or have any idea what's causing it?

My guess is the housing is just wore out. If you’ve been running that big red it’s a good bet that you stressed that driveline from tranny back.

You're probably missing the diff retainer. There should be a small plastic piece clipped into the chassis above where the diff input is

5329.jpg

You're probably missing the diff retainer. There should be a small plastic piece clipped into the chassis above where the diff input is

5329.jpg
That's exactly what the issue was. Now if I can get the stupid primary shaft to stop shattering I'd be in business

Back