Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t_fusaro

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have a brand new revo 3.3. I just got rid of an older savage X. I'm so disapointed in the revo. I can't even get it to wheelie. I do have a Ofna picco .28. My question is what do I have to do to get the picco into the revo. I am pretty new to the hobby but I'm very handy and so far have figured out tuning and replacing parts. I dont have all the lingo down but I can handle any modification if I'm told the direction to go in. Also is it worth putting RPM arms on the revo? Should I get the individual arms or should I get the true track a-arm set up from rpm?

The stock 3.3 does wheelies no problem. Mine will flip if I punch it from a roll mid way through first even. Ur slipper or clutch could be worn or not tight enough. Check bearings too

I dont have rpm arms myself still running stock arms but just about everyone here will probably recommended rpm arms that what I'll be going with once I break my stock arms. A stock revo 3.3 stock may not wheelie like a tmax but it will do wheelies with out much effort.

I went with the True Track on the rear because it seems like common sense in that design. Removes slop and has beefier bearings.
Still running stock front.

Oh and got totally frustrated with the stock 3.3 engine. Swapped with an OS .21 TM. Much better but would have gone with the Picco if I had known the TM was going to be discontinued.

Last edited:
btw if u have the stock 3.3 14t cb and 40t spur will get u doing wheelies no prob. but for the bigger motors id gear it down a bit

If I downgraded from a Savage to a Traxxas kit I would be disappointed too....just sayin...

Change!

I dropped a spur gear and tuned lsn a bit and up she goes. Pretty stable truck got her doing back flips off a jump. But nothing like a savage torque. So change of plans picked up another savage with a picco .26 max in it. I'm yanking that out and putting in revo. Then putting the .28 in savage and buying a XL conversion to stretch it. The .26 will rip up the revo tranny I think. Should I change it to a forward only center dif? Where can I purchase an engine mount for the revo that will fit the .26 ? Some how I ended up with two trucks to bash. Lol my wife is going to kill me...... Thanks guys for the help!

Get the traxxas big block kit anywhere that sells revo parts will probably have it. An I would recommend foc kit for sure .

+1. Sounds like you're on the right track. A center diff will all but eliminate wheelies. But in return you'll get added reliability and a truck that puts the power to the ground.

Any updates on the picco install?

I fiddled with the revo and left the original 3.3 in it. Changed to a 14t/40 and tuned it perfect. Got it doing backflips. Runs perfect! What an easy engine to tune. I recomend the trx to any beginner. I can't get the picco to start. It was low on compression so I ordered a new piston and sleeve. I have no idea what .26 this is. Not sure how to post pics yet ill figure it out and show you guys. It has a purple cooling head with 6-2.5mm screws holding it on. The block is black and just says picco .26 on it. No other markings. I ordered a .26 piston and sleeve that seems like it is pretty universal for all ofna .26 engines. Installed and the piston gets wedged at TDC. I can't get the thing to start. I have a garbage roto start on it so of course the one way went. I dont know think this engine is turning into a head ache. I also ordered a big block conversion from new era for the revo but if I can't get the engine to start ill just leave the 3.3 in it and work on building the savage up.

If I buy a picco .28 for the savage what one is the best for me. I'm not much into speed. No room where I am from to go all out. Tracks have alot of jumps and turns. I do like the torque though. Wheelies and flips something that will spin all 4 tires off the jump? Be back soon with pictures of engine.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
This is the Picco .26. I think doing some research it is the Outlaw???? Any ideas?

Last edited:
This is a Jato I built from scratch. I customized most of the parts and air brushed the body. Its a little dirty I just got back from a run and still have to clean it. Just figured Id let all you guys see how far I cam from not even being able to get one running. Now I'm building on my own thanks to all your help! RIP IT AND FLIP IT!!!![/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Last edited:
Ha ha.:) New or rebuilt engines benefit from being preheated. A hair dryer works well.

Good call Metal I figured that so I purchased a cheat heat gun my wife would kill me if I used her hair dryer. Now I'm just waiting on the bearing.