Reverse

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tpc

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Today i had my truck out and lost reverse. Truck ran fine, I had to richen it up a little due to cooler temps. Any ideas? I want to leave it on due to my little neighbor using it and it helps him when he gets stuck. Thanks

Don't know if it will help, but your clutch has to be completely disengaged for your reverse to kick in.

I thought of that too. it did it the first time when my neighbor was running it but i tried it at a dead stop and still did it.

Yes. I just went to look at the truck i did find it has a broken pad on the slipper clutch. Not sure if that could keep it from shifting.

Well, damn, I'm all out of my 1 idea, aside from something visibly wrong with the linkage or servo. Hope someone else can help with an easy fix, something other than opening up the transmission case with the exploded view diagram. Good luck with it.

Does your Opti-drive lights look normal? No red lights?

I had the same problem with my reverse and it was just the reverse switching servo, thats the only thing as far as the reverse goes that i have replaced, so. . .imho check ur servo and make sure its still working and also check the connection for the servo on the opti drive and the reciever, take the plug out of the opti drive and plug it directly into the reciever and see if it works. and if it doesn't ur servo is probably bad

The servo is working. Sometimes it almost sticks part way out but if i rotate a tire it clicks out fully. I am going to pick up another slipper clutch and put it back together and try it again. Thanks for the help

the slipper shouldn't have anything to do with this problem...The slipper controls your torche on the drive shaft.
How is the idle??? If it runs high or the truck has any kind of motion at zero throttle then the reverse will not engage..My truck wouldn't shift... I thought the tranny was bad but after about 2 weeks of shifting when it wanted the servo finaly went out...Sounds like the servo's going out..

Most of the time its the clutch,high idle or broken spring if it moves at zero throttle, the servo not pulling the pin all the way out or the optidrive acting stupid...

Just a few ideas, I'm no expert but have experienced MOST all problems with the revo 3.3

Last edited:
when i bought my revo used the sensor itself was bad..didn't know till i got the servo and the optidrvie module in and all hooked up - the sensor was last and then it worked...

I put it back together tonight and will run it tomorrow. I went over everything and made sure everything was tight and in good shape. So hopefuly it will work fine and it was something stupid or i missed. Thanks for the help