Rebuild DTX 0.18

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G35driver

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,

Any one has a rebuild manual or PDF for this engine? Complete loose compression? I cannot talke out the crank and sleeve?

Thanks.

go to duratrax.com and then downloads. but my opinion having a dtx. just save 20 more and by an o.s. .12 .15 just my :2cents:

Why not an OS .18??? I think that sounds better... For getting the sleeve out, try putting a zip-tie head in one of the ports and rotate the piston up, should come right out.

i have the exploded view of the dtx .18 if you need it. there is no "manual" per se. I can scan it and get it to you if you want.

Last edited:
1.5k, weren't you the guy who cut yours in half??

nope. wasn't me. mine still runs strong, but selling it shortly (Nitro Evader BX).

you sure it needs a pistion and sleeve? .. because that motor has low compression...

I think i need new sleeve!! Or, a new CARB?

I still have that pdf file of the engine diagram if you need it.

i'm the 1 that got pissed and dremeled mine in half ,,lol
but if the .18 your working on is less then 2 years old from date of purchase just go to www.duratrax.com and get the address and send it in for warranty repair then no need to piss with it

If you are going to replace the piston and sleeve, replace them with OS.18 piston and sleeve. While the DTX is listed as ABC, someone told me they are actually ABN and doesn't last as long as ABC piston sleeves. The DTX18 is made by OS so the parts will work.