Reaching the LSN

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tested out the tank along with the motor seal job, WOW me likey!!
I need to adjust the wheel toe, tried to go WOT for a extended time and the truck would go left after it hit 2nd gear.
What do you pro's run for toe and camber?

It's shooting left at 2nd gear because most of the power is being directed to the right rear!...drain the diff cup and put some heavier wt silicone oil in it "if you have the sealed diffs" if not then either find some bad horsie diff grease or use plumbers puddy

Thanks Hot Rod, I did some wheel alignment today and it helped a lot. We got 2 tanks of fuel through it tonight, I will pull the Diffs. the next time it rains.

How do you run your suspension as far as ride height? I took out some thick spacers so the drive line was strait from wheel to wheel but it seams to have a lot of body roll. I have red spring, is there a different spring that is stiffer to keep the ride height but loose the roll?

There is a million answers to this question and it really boils down to the type of terrain,..the short answer is low and stiff for the street and higher and softer for loose bumpy off road type conditions,shock oils play there part as well as the number of holes in the shocks piston,..thicker the oil the slower the response of the shock,the less holes in the shock piston the slower the response,..opposite applies to both

I would say that the majority of time it will be on the road or in the yard. So if I read it right, low to the ground, thick shock oil, with less holes in the pistons and keep my red springs?

Do one adjustment at a time so you can get a feel for how which one changes the attitude of the rig,I would wait to change out pistons for last,that is also a good time to rebuild the shock,there is most likely 2 hole pistons in there already which are a pretty good,...I like thick oil and soft springs for jumps,stiff spring and a lighter oil for road....another cool thing about the 8 shock setup is you could have 4 shocks set one way and 4 shocks set another

What's in your yard just low grass?....start out moving your shocks out on the bottom and up and over on the top to achieve the lower stance,you may just like the way it handles with some of those spring spacers in there,..I remember doing some work on an on road mostly t-t-maxx and I used 8 trinity blue springs,ride was pretty good on the street,...the stock towers really limit you on ride height adjustment,I suggest a set of towers from flm if you really wanna get into suspension tuning/mods....man we could talk shocks for months really dude,possibilities are almost endless,..40wt oil is a good all around wt

It's OK man you were born that way I think....lol jk...I don't mind at all bud,that's what this place is hear for,to get help and to give help

Thank you Hot Rod, I appreciate all the help & I don't mean to be a pain.
It's OK man you were born that way I think....lol jk...I don't mind at all bud,that's what this place is hear for,to get help and to give help
I've been told that my hole life, 1 big PAIN in the , just ask the wife lol

I'm con
Sounds like the perfect candidate for the Ofna Violator Fuel Tank Mod.
Replacing and relocating your fuel tank will not only give you full unrestricted access to your LSN but will help any half tank lean issues you may have with it's lower profile design.:D

garagepics041.gif
I'm considering getting one for my 4907. My only question is where do you put the batterybox?

You ditch the box.
On one truck I zip tied it next to the steering servo, running the tie under the servo mount, on my other truck I put the RX pack on the front tower.

003-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Here's what I did a few years back and it hasn't changed much since. I had to trim the battery box slightly to clear the u-joint.

thetrucks011.jpg

thetrucks009.jpg

thetrucks017.jpg

Back