RCNT Get-Together (East Coast - Buffalo, New York) and Final Role Call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say is WESTSIDE!!!!!:spam

i only picked july 18th because it looked like it was in the middle.

Lets change my recommendation to the 12th and see how that floats.

You make a good point with the two day thing. People can show up anytime Friday or Thurday night, whichever suits them. Our amily would most likely leave Friday morning and get up there sometime in the afternoon.

Works for me. I know a lot of people are busy at work right now. When you get a chance, throw some ideas out. I think this could happen.

This keeps sounding better and better. I need to check the calendar when I get home but the 12th doesn't ring any bells atm.

I wouldnt be able to do it untill mid august I've got a pretty expensive vacation thats taking place July 17-21

Either weekend should work for me. I'd be making it a three or four day weekend. I'd have to check with my family, but those dates look okay from a work stand point.

As for El Pirata, he's buried somewhere on the west coast. I haven't heard from him since he left, but I would imagine you can count him out due to timing. August might work for him. Late August would work for me.

wow this grew... I think I'm free all of july...

I know 4 people here that would probibly join in....

this is cool I'm not going to havto go far hehehe..

I would love in on this, but Seattle is hella far from Buffalo or where ever. I too am thinking....Westcoast baby!!!

Watching the severe beating of an RC10GT courtesy of one pissed off ex-Ohio-snow-plow-driver would be interesting too.

It's not cause I'm an ex plow driver dangit! It's cause I love to thrash.. Most likely tho.... I'd end up breaking something causing my cashflow to hit zero and end up watching lol. :)

I'll figure it all out sometime soon, if I can make it, I will. :)

I talked to the boss (aka my wife). A lot of you guys were saying August would work a little better. My wife is singing the same tune. Apparently, we too will be broke in the middle of July as my mom is flying out for a visit prior to that. I forgot about the money. doh!

The only reason why I didn't suggest August before is because I know a lot of college people (WoodiE?) go back to school the 2nd or 3rd week of August.

It also happens the doctor that my wife works for is taking the first week of August off as vacation. This means we too are on vacation that week (vacations suck when you work for a small doctor's office). The first week of August may also still be early enough people aren't going back to school yet.

How does EDIT: August 8th and 9th tickle you guys?

Those that want to relish the occation can bash all day Friday and Saturday while those that can't take off a lot of time can drive up Friday and bash on Saturday.

I'm hoping to find a weekend where everyone can comfortably make it. I know work schedules suck and that why I'm hoping the whole long weekend factor comes into play. It's easier to get one day off work than 3 or 4.

Leave me some feedback about the EDIT: August 8th and 9th. Maybe we'll find a winner. ;)

-Rob

Last edited:
I am free the entire month of august - but cannot get friday the 1st off. other than that - i am good to go.

August is better for me, and Pirata should be back by then. He called me this past weekend from his ship somewhere off the coast of Cali. He said he'd be back on this coast mid July, and he's interested in the big bash fest we are trying to plan. His feedback was that August works for him.

Sweet! I knew SkyMaxx and El know each other in real time I figured if Sky would make it then so could El. ;) You two have been around since the start and having you guys there would really round out the RCNT experience. :cheers:

These people are a go for August 8th and 9th:

NoviceRob
Nitroaddict
SkyMaxx
El Pirata (provided he's back)

These people are a maybe:

CandyMan
WoodiE
Christian
RacinJason
DarthRacer (he hasn't posted yet but he lives there)
TWIZTIDNINJA
Mayhem
mcvickj
AoD

Those of you that are a "maybe", I'd like to know if the new date is good for you or if you'd want to go at all.

Also anyone that has not spoken up is more than welcome to chime in at anytime. The end result of this topic is going to be when and where. With that information, you can do as you like.

In the mean time, however, I need to know if enough people are interested to even bother. :)

-Rob

Last edited:
I just took a look at the calendar and that weekend is open for me. The August date would give me a little more time to save for the trip and add a few hopups to my T-Maxx. :) Providing nothing major happens between now and Aug 9th I will be there.

Man I REALLY hope this works out, i would love to see all you guys, and have a great bashing session! Ill bring both my NTC3 and my RC10GT, that way i can bash with both the on and off road crew!!!! LETS GET THIS THING GOING GUYS!!!!!!!

mcvickj, hot damn that was fast!

:Updated list:

These people are a go for August 8th and 9th:

NoviceRob
Nitroaddict
SkyMaxx
El Pirata (provided he's back)
mcvickj

These people are a maybe:

CandyMan
WoodiE
Christian
RacinJason
DarthRacer (he hasn't posted yet but he lives there)
TWIZTIDNINJA
Mayhem
AoD

I really hope this works out too. The above list is a who's who of RCNT (minus a few folks who will be soarly missed). It will be fun to meet the people behind the keystrokes.

Last edited:
I have to still maintain my "maybe" status. I am on vacation from the 9th to the 17th, but have plans to go camping. I just forgot when the reservations are. :loser:

No problem CandyMan. I'll leave ya on the "maybe" list. You could always pay us a visit if your plans change.

We'll see how my expenses go...right now my main job cut my hours back and I still have this summers classes AND books to pay for along with all other bills that come in every month.

If I win the lottery or hours increase then I'll be able to go, but for now I'll remain on the maybe list as well.

-Michael

That kind of puts the kibosh on the idea. :( That's also a damn long drive WoodiE -- almost 10 hours.

Anyone else still want tp go?

i still want to go, even without woodie.

although - since this site has been so good to me - i would be willing to donate 50.00 to woodie to help get him to go as well. if others pitch in even a little bit, then we will be sure that he will make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back