RCNT Get-Together (East Coast - Buffalo, New York) and Final Role Call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
August sounds good but the only thing is august 12th is my bday and i may be somewhere else but here.....

This sounds great guys.
An August date may be better for me since my first child is scheduled to be born on July 24th!!! :D :banana:
I'd be in for a Western NY Bash session!!

OK, so what kind of rides do ya'll have?
OS .15 powered V1.0 T-Maxx here.

Hey, ummmm, ILL BE THERE! lol

Your only invited christian, if u promise to bring the wife! lol

Mmmmm..... Çh®i§tiªñ's wife....

sihmahh.jpg

Hey, if it helps, I'll try to talk my girlfriend into coming...

LOL candyman - thats funny - u can only bring your girl if she likes christians wife too! lol :hehe:

Cool pic Candyman.

I had a thought on my way home from work yesterday. If we can get this off the ground maybe we should try to stay at the same place. This way we could follow each other to the bash session or maybe car pool to where ever. Just a thought.

August 9th looks good for me but I have to check and make sure the fiance doesn't have anything planned for that weekend if not we will be coming I dont know about Mayhem but if he says no I am sure I can talk him into it.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
LOL candyman - thats funny - u can only bring your girl if she likes christians wife too! lol :hehe:

Oh Good God, Man!!! Must you toy with my emotions like that? That would be well worth the price of admission!! Great. Now I have to take a cold shower...

LMAO!!!!! :spit: u can't tall me u never thought that candyman!

mcvickj - i was thinking the same thing, - it was mentioned earlier in the thread too, that way we are all together in the evenings, for drinks, dinner, whatever, and we may be able to get a discount by purchasing a block of rooms at the same hotel.

The problem is that I may have thought of it too many times!!!! I won't go into too many details...

uh-oh :censored: lol

DarthRacer! congrats on the baby! I'm glad you chimed in. I'll move you from a "maybe" to a "go". I swear I remember other people from Buffalo signed up for RCNT. I just can't remember who else.

RacinJason, you're birthday is Tuesday. Can you swing by the weekend before and say hi or should I just leave you a "maybe" for right now?

I was contemplating the "donate travel money to WoodiE" idea too. Having to pay for the site month after month is a burden. Maybe a donation could help bring him out to Buffalo. :D WoodiE, after all, is RCNT. Not to mention, seeing WoodiE sure would make the trip up from Virginia worth it for SkyMaxx and El.

RCNT-woodies-drive.gif

Total Distance: 554.85 miles
Total Estimated Time: 9 hours, 23 minutes

That's about $100 in gas for a round trip. Does WoodiE even have a car? o_O

I've already flown to Vegas to meet up with Eddy and drove to NY to meet up with Chris. Though I will never drive again.

I have to agree. Driving sucks not to mention driving 10 hours by yourself.

hummmm....

7:20am
Bloomington, IL
(BMI) 12:02pm
Buffalo, NY
(BUF)
Flight 5822 / 1270 1 Stop
Change planes in Chicago OHare (ORD)
Travel Time: 3hrs 42min Roundtrip From
USD 240

$240 to fly...

Christian has made it obvious that he doesn't want everyone crashed on his floor and I don't blame him. LOL! I'm sure if Christian allowed WoodiE to stay at his place for free, the rest of us wouldn't get bent out of shape about it.

Even if WoodiE can't stay there, I know of two guys that may share a hotel room anyway. Maybe WoodiE could crash for free on the floor of their hotel room. Provided Christian's wife doesn’t show up, the other two should be able to sleep fine. :hehe:

In all seriousness, I think WoodiE could sleep for free someplace. Right? That leaves us with either $100 in gas for $240 in airfare?

If enough people chip in we may be able to do one or the other. Those that would be interested in donating to WoodiE's travel fund please send me a PM stating such (please include a possible amount) -- you too NitroAddict.

I know I'd be willing to put up some money for WoodiE. As you can see I'm not a "Contributing Member" and it's long over due get-together or not.

You guys have to admit going to an RCNT bashfest and not getting to meet WoodiE would be like ordering a Sunday and having them forget the cherry; it would still be good, but something would just be missing.

-Rob

Last edited:
are u calling woodie a cherry? u sick bastard, lol.

i pm'ed u my promised amount.

also - how about an updated list of whos going and whos a maybe?

I'll check the PMs in a sec. I have to to put this post down first:

TWIZTIDNINJA, I'll leave you and Mayhem a "maybe" until you can talk to your fiance. Where is Mayhem? Get him in here to post. LOL!

mcvickj, doing stuff together as a group would be cool. The loose, come-as-you-please idea grew out of the situation where people may arrive Thursday or Friday depending on their schedules.

We could leave Thursday and Friday open to do whatever. Then come Saturday, we could make a schedule. For example, we could all drive out together and have a picnic lunch. The men can then proceed to bash during the daylight hours while the women take the little kids to see the amusements. In the evening, we could all meet up for dinner and maybe a night-viewing of the falls. We could then head back someplace for a bon-fire chit-chat thing.

Also, my wife brought up a good point on the block rooms. If someone doesn’t show, the person that got the block is going to get screwed. At some point I’ll be calling hotels or checking out websites. If I find a good deal we can send Christian over to check it out. (if he doesn’t mind) Then we can all make our reservations well in advance on the same day. We wouldn’t get the reduced rate but at least someone wouldn’t be screwed if someone else doesn't show or doesn't pay.

-Rob

What do you guys think about making it a camping trip i am sure there is somewhere to camp around there?

no camping for me! bleck!

i need my amenities, dammit! :constipat

I would guess most of us enjoy camping but we would have to come over and set up camp. This would take away from the bashing / sightseeing. Most of us are only going to be there a weekend. Maybe we could plan that into the future RCNT Bashing Session #2. :)

I love camping and it provides a free (or close to it) place to stay. I, however, have to agree. The logistics and the crap associated with camping would draw from the experience.

Twisted, you guy can stay whereever you like. If camping fits the budget, do it. Christian is doing some leg work for us today checking out possible parks where we can bash. If he finds one where you can camp, you'd be set. Did you and Mayhem think about sharing the cost of a hotel room? That breaks up the cost and no mater what you guys think, grown men can sleep in the same room and maintain their heterosexual status.

Also, WoodiE's cherry and in-you-end-o-s involving Christian's wife would maybe be best left unspoken in real life. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back