RCNT Get-Together (East Coast - Buffalo, New York) and Final Role Call

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
RCNT Get-Together (East Coast - Buffalo, New York)

EDIT: UPDATE

RCNT-Bashfest.gif

Post in this thread if you'd like em to change your status or add you to the list
-NoviceRob

Original Thread:

I bet you guys feel the same way I do. Why travel any length of distance to see a bunch of fellow R/C nerds I met on-line? Our respective wives, girlfriends and families would surely need an answer to that very question. As of yet, I can't really find one. Therefore, I really don't see any of us ever getting together, but you have to admit it would be pretty cool.

For example, I'd love to meet our young admin from IL. It would also at least be interesting to see the lama-chasing Unix-admin with the sweet cybermaxx from Buffalo. Meeting the other Buffalo native and driver of the 70mph Duratrax Maximum ST would also be a noteworthy encounter. I would also surely want to exchange at least a couple of friendly words with the quite, reserved electronics wiz from Massachusetts. I would love to see, in person, some lids painted by New York's own Tom Pruitt of R/C as well. Watching the severe beating of an RC10GT courtesy of one pissed off ex-Ohio-snow-plow-driver would be interesting too. If North Carolina would give up their tmaxx expert / lexan artist for a day, he'd have a lot to add. North Carolina is a bit away from the rest of this bunch, but if he can make it then our two military-issue, Virginia residents shouldn't have too much trouble making it up.

The rest of you I just can imagine making it all this way. South Africa, for example, would be a bit a of a "drive" for the computer tech, turned R/C junkie. South Africa is kind of drastic when you compare it to Hawaii, for example. Then again, our Hawaiian resident might be able to fire up his mouth, sick his head in the ocean and make it here in no time. (just kidding brah ;)) Florida is even closer, but unless plane tickets from Orlando are as cheap as the tickets going to Orlando, I don't think our Nitro addicted member of the media is going to make it. Not forgetting the west side of the country, our on-road touring Californian crew probably wouldn't be able to come unless we all chipped in for airfare so they could make a sweet vid out of it. We also can't forget Birkenstocks wearing Seattle resident nor the buggy racing and tmaxx loving "buds" from nor-cal. To top it all off, I better just give a shout out to the whole state of Oregon with the exception of Oval Rear.

To the rest of you, I didn't forget you I just couldn't think of anything witty to say about you. ;)

My whole point is that an RCNT get together would be a blast with the personalities we have here. I don't know how practical it would be. Being a small group causes us to be spread far apart and hence travling to see a few R/C junkies just doesn't seem practical.

I was thinking about maybe heading up to Niagara Falls again this summer with the family. For those that don't know Niagara Falls is only a river away from Buffalo, NY. I say Buffalo for a couple of reasons. First, I can think of at least 3 RCNT members in the buffalo area. Second, there is a ton of stuff around buffalo and Niagara Falls to keep the non-R/C parts of our families entertained while we play. (There is a great outdoor aquatics / zoo thing on the Canada side) Third, WoodiE has already been that far to see Christian anyway maybe he'd want to go back to see Christian's wife... I mean Christian again. Niagara Falls also makes for quite a few nice places to stay the night too. Another location closer to the folks south of us wouldn't be a bad idea either. Feel free to suggest a new location for my imaginary get-together.

An RCNT-gathering is just a pipe dream that I kind of kick around in my head for fun. Like I said when I started the thread, traveling all that way is hard to justify. It is never-the-less fun to think about.

-Rob

Last edited:
My wife alone is more than enough reason! hehe

But I get your point. The even tougher thing is that some people hate flying (such as I) and road trips to Cali take a looooong time from NY. However, I think that having a get-together relative to a group of members in a certain area might be good. For Example, we could run a Northeastern gathering and on another day hold West Coast gathering. Etc. etc. etc...

An even bigger thing to look at is having a track facility at our disposal for a day or two. My cousin has offerred up a piece of his acreage to build a track, but getting fill there might be an issue. Working on it though. On the west coast, this should be an easy pick. Sooooo many to choose from.

And if you ever do decide to bring the fam back to the falls, I can point out some very nice places to stay at reasonable prices. Just let me know.

Buffalo itself doesn't really have a ton of things to offer, but the food is good and the people are nice. Buffalo is a drinking town with a sports problem :beer:

Now I've seen it all -- the RC hotel... "Buy a TMAXX, stay for free!" :D

Christian, Niagra Falls (canada side) has a lot to look at. I wonder if the chanuks would let you bring Nitro over the boarder? :D We went through very easy. The guy in the little booth just kinda waived us through. I'd have to agree about what you said about buffalo. The falls, however, and all the stuff around it is fun.

Yeah it would be pritty cool.. And my car goes 60's I NEVER SAid 70 I THINK... I'm pritty sure i didnt but oh well.

chris are you doing anything coming up around here? Id like to go trash my cars bashing with a bunch of people.....

i love this idea - also have use now of a track in lakeland, offroad and on for FREE if i run them an ad in the paper. Anyone here in the FL, GA area?

I also have 2 empty bedrooms at my house for crashers!

That would be cool if we could all meet up somewhere..My mom and i are eventually going to someplace in Montana sometime this summer if any one is close to there...I'll tell you if we do go..

That would be pretty cool.......

I couldn't resist this............

Montana Where Men are Men and Sheep are scared........

RaCinJason399, i was just messin around with the 70mph thing. I remember X busting your balls about it. :p It was my birthday yesterday. I was feeling kind of silly. A get together, however, would be cool. It would never happen though.

I wonder how a :llama: would fair in Montana? :whistle:

Dude, you're killing me with the Tom Pruitt of R/C thing!! But I am keeping any eye open for a Western NY bash. It's a bit of a drive, but I'm sure it's worth it...

Seriously, who else would make it out to a western ny bash? Christian, darthracer and racinjason live there. I'd seriously go. If Candyman is serious that's 5 people.

Ohio, New York, PA, Jersey, and Massachusets even are all with in driving distance.

Goto www.mapquest.com and see how far it is to drive to Buffalo, NY. If it's 5-6 hours for me, it shouldn't be hard to zip up from Ohio, for example. *cough* AoD *cough* CRSMP5 *cough*.

You could tell your wife or girlfriend this is her big chance to see Niagra Falls. You could be all romantic about it, then when you're packing say you have to bring your R/C stuff because you're meeting some freinds. ;)

Buffalo, NY might be kind of drab but the Canada side is cool for the family and there must be a park or a parking lot or something to bash in on the NY side for us guys.

Seriously, I think it would work. Provided I'm not the only one that shows up ... :ball:

See - why do all you bastards have to live up North!?!?!

Am I the only one out of a 1000 members, that is smart enough to live in the south where it is warm!???

I want to jump on the band wagon, but I'm the only one that lives in the bastard state (FL)

I did a quick distance check and for me it would be 407.41 miles. Only a 6 hour and 43 minute drive.

dammit see! michigan, what the hell? lol. Its like 22hours to drive to niagra falls for me... dammit. lol

of course if we had it here....there would be girls in bikini's ......mai tai's.......palm trees....wam weather...... .hint hint

I just drove 2000 miles from Idaho ot Ohio to see some family. Took me two days, and a lot of Mt. Dew.
Unfortunatly there wasn't enough room in my car for the Savage.

Originally posted by Nitroaddict
dammit see! michigan, what the hell? lol. Its like 22hours to drive to niagra falls for me... dammit. lol

of course if we had it here....there would be girls in bikini's ......mai tai's.......palm trees....wam weather...... .hint hint

Those are fine ideas Nitroaddict but we would never get any bashing done. There would be too many distractions. :) Well at least for the people who are single. hehe

Originally posted by agm130
Unfortunatly there wasn't enough room in my car for the Savage.

:confused: What!!! Are you kidding?
Strap the GF on the hood and make some room.
My God Man.... This is your Savage your talking about..

LOL The girl friend hood ornament.

mcvickj, would you be willing to drive it? If we can get 10 people to say they would come out, maybe 5 of them would show up. That would be worth the hassle. 5 people + their families -- it would be a pretty big picnic and lots of fun.

What about the WoodiE? If he went out to see Christian once, can't he come out again? or was that a special trip?

You can count me in. Candyman? you last post means you'd come too? Christian, RacinJason and Darthracer would you guys motor over some Saturday to some park in Buffalo to bash, maybe have lunch or something? It's your home town. Shouldn't be too hard to "travel" for you.

That's six possible people if mcvickj is serious.

Last edited:
LMAO at fast eddy

still think my idea is better........warm weather....free place to stay......free track to race on......beach...bikinis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back