Radio Trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

platgof

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am having a horrible time with my radio as the steering and throttle are not working right. It only turns a little bit and I checked the front end not hooked up and it is fine. I also put in a new Hi-Tech servo and same thing. So I am guessing I messed up the reciever somehow(jumps!) What can I check to make sure it is the reciever, besides putting in a new reciever? I hate to buy another Traxxas reciever as it could be better spent on a new radio as this one is slow and not holding up to well either.

Last edited:
if you change servos and receivers out you usually need to reset the receiver transmitter combo for the travel you want for each servo. Are you using a digital system of some sort? Take a look at the manual for your transmitter as it will more than likely have info on how to adjust the servo travel.

I'm assuming you are using the stock traxxas radio. i dont think it has end point adjustments. is it only the steering or both the steering and throttle? if its only one try switching the plugs on the receiver and see if the trigger will get the full movement out of the servo. also if its your steering only check your servo saver, it could have worked loose and isnt letting the tires turn.

I had some trouble with my throttle servo today! I had to swap out my steering servo on my T-Maxx just to get it running, the movement was all glichty and wouldn't move right but swapped the servo and that's all it was. If it's both you my might want to check to see if your battery is fully charged, sometimes the smallest thing can run you in circles. If its just the steering sometimes my pivot ball work tight instead of loose you might want to try loosing them and re-torque them:D

Last edited:
I found out the problem, it was the plastic servo arm was stripped out. These arms are really weak and need to be replaced as soon as possible. I stripped out the right arm and was making great left turns, but right was way right and very frustrating. I have now put an aluminum arm on a Hi-Tech servo, and ditched the two stock ones. Now everything seems to be on line and working well. I also trimmed out the stops and have a bunch of steering movement now. I am very excited about fixing this problem and hope it gets me back on the track.