R1 Wurks ESC for 17.5 stock racing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punk

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I'm just getting into RC after a 30 year hiatus, and currently building a TLR 22 5.0 to race stock buggy class at my local track. Pretty much there, getting north of 1000 now and looking for some cost savings to finish this off before my wife starts digging a hole for me. Ran across R1 "Super Stock" 2S Digital 3 ESC that has a built in motor amps meter which would save me 100 bucks right there not having to buy a motor analyzer to set the timing.

Question is, does anyone run that ESC for 17.5 buggy? Last ESC I owned was an orange Novak brushed, circa 1990...

I don't want to suffer by getting stingy here, just want to see if anyone has experience or an opinion on this esc for stock classes.

20231129_125041.jpg

Honestly for someone just starting out in sportsman, it's not gonna matter much on what you get, just make sure it's ROAR approved and that's all that really matters.

If you want to pinch some pennies then consider the HobbyWing Justock for $60:
https://www.hobbywingdirect.com/col...xr10-justock-g3-esc-2s?variant=40127960219763

There's a ton of things you can do to give the car more speed, but honestly most sportsman drivers can't handle that extra speed and will blow corners wasting it anyway. Sometimes a slower car will yield faster lap times. Once you start hitting 99% consistency on your runs then you can start investing on more speed at that point.

Good Luck!

I have never used any of their stuff, but everything they make looks like they do some very nice high quality work.

Back