qustions on the new models

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
fried my Tekin esc a week ago and decided it was time to upgrade some stuff on my Flux HP since a new motor/esc are here.
orderd a Flux XL frameset from epig and my old tranny will not work nor will the battery/reciever box as they have changed alot of stuff in recent years. maybe my highly upgraded ends wont work anymore either. SO......
will the old rear shaft from a savage XL still work on these new Flux Xl's?
will all the parts from a Flux X V2 interchange with the Flux Xl V2 minus the rear driveshaft?

the answer is NO. between the green and black lid, they changed stuff between framerails ( green lid being more like an XL HP and the black lid being more like the current V2 model), between the black lid and the current V2 model, the changed yet again, although I DO believe most of the parts are interchangeable. just order a new truck

the answer is NO. between the green and black lid, they changed stuff between framerails ( green lid being more like an XL HP and the black lid being more like the current V2 model), between the black lid and the current V2 model, the changed yet again, although I DO believe most of the parts are interchangeable. just order a new truck
I guess my old one will be built into a twin now. Was hoping to avoid the new ones with the issues......... guess I'm adding another truck to the ever growing list. 🤣

I guess my old one will be built into a twin now. Was hoping to avoid the new ones with the issues......... guess I'm adding another truck to the ever growing list. 🤣
Got a pretty nice deal on the black lid version of the flux xl. new model, 2 lipo batteries out the door for less than $500

BTW you look to be a trackhoe guy. where do you find time? I am a finish dozerman and have absolutely no time for Rc anymore, well except whe its sub-zero
I was hoping both were the same as I just bought a nitro xl!

Below is a site that might help more. It's one of woodies other sites.
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/evolution-of-the-savage-flux.20880/

Got a pretty nice deal on the black lid version of the flux xl. new model, 2 lipo batteries out the door for less than $500

BTW you look to be a trackhoe guy. where do you find time? I am a finish dozerman and have absolutely no time for Rc anymore, well except whe its sub-zero

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/evolution-of-the-savage-flux.20880/
Assuming your talking about my pic, I was strolling by and took a few pics. I do landscaping and odd jobs.

The site I took this shot at, I was in the river with my 10.2 and the dude told me he felt better with my presence so no one was out there up to no good. It was a neighborhood being built in the cut in a back corner.

As for you, you should have a lunch period every day. Some good driving there. 🫠🙃

Back