Proline Transmission for Stampede

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domijan91

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anyone have the proline performance transmission? What do you think about it. I'm upgrading my stampede to brushless and when I do I am going to be upgrading a lot more, this maybe being one of them!

Let me know what you guys think of them.
Thanks.

I know a guy that has one. He loves it but I dont like the fact that the spurs are proprietary and last I looked they only had one size spur for it. If they would but out a lot of different sized spurs then it would be much better.

I read just a bit about them when i had my lcg 2wd slash, i may be mistaken but i think they are all plastic geared internals

+1 Matt, Traxxas did get it right with the VXL trans.

Proline makes a great transmission, but in this case for a Traxxas Stampede I'd simply upgrade to the Magnum 272 VXL transmission. It's half the cost and works extremely well.

I dont see any reason to upgrade anything at all....I'm using the VXL tranny on my 100+MPH Rustler and the only mod I did to it was repalce the internal pin with a stronger rolled steel one. So far its held up great. Oh well I guess I did put it in a new tranny case but the gears are solid

I agree with the others, grab the Magnum from a chop shop and put the savings towards other upgrades.

Back