Please Help!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriGGeR

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok it is 45degreese outsoide and i decided to start my mgt up i have it set on the rich side so i know it shouldnt be running hot. but when i came back up to check for problems i noticed that the engine was SUPER HOT i mean my spit didnt even boil on the head it just bubbled up and rolled off. i would have to say it was a good 300 i think it was hot enuogh to burn at the touch of it can some one please help me

PLLEASSEEE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

OMG PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I AM DESPERATE I HAVE NO IDEA WHY~!!!!~

Trigger it has to be running lean at that point IMHO. Check the usuals of fuel lines and pretty much anything for leakage. Double check that the carb is on nice and tight and that the head bolts have not come loose. Have you had the engine apart for any reason lately at all?? Did you re-tune it at all. Give us a little background I know you are frantic but it has to be simpler than one might think. Have you tried to richen it up and it didn't work?? Need more info.

ok i recently had the engine off of my truck yes. i know the head is on tight and i know the carb is on good and my engine is running ritch i know i have it set out 3 turns so i know it is ritch the low end wouldnt have anything to do with it would it i have it set at stock i have everything set at stock except high speed needle which i have running rich

Originally posted by TriGGeR
ok i recently had the engine off of my truck yes. i know the head is on tight and i know the carb is on good and my engine is running ritch i know i have it set out 3 turns so i know it is ritch the low end wouldnt have anything to do with it would it i have it set at stock i have everything set at stock except high speed needle which i have running rich

Just cuz you said it's out 3 turns doesn't really mean that its running rich. Like Newnitrofan said check for airleaks and cracks. running it really cold weather can cause cracks so look for cracks in the fuel line even in the tank. I don't live out in snow territory but that is hell!!!

well ther is plenty of bluish.whitish smoke coming from the exhaust.. where should i check for cracks??

no cracks where u mentioned

The colder it gets the more you need to richen up your fuel mixtures. The reason for this is because the colder the air gets the more dense it gets, and the more dense the air becomes the more oxygen is in the air. Soooooo the colder the outside temp the more oxygen is present. To compensate for the added oxygen you need to add more fuel.
My advice to you would be to richen your truck up 1/4 turn. If that's not enough, go out another 1/8.
This should fix ya right.

thanks i will try that

Back