pipe question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangman88

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm looking to get a new muffler for my t maxx 3.3.....4908 cuz my brother lost mine when he took my truck out last week. i have no clue what one to get, id like more power, loud doesn't bother me but i dont want to sacrific engine life for a cheap pipe. thanx guys

that resonator is what i had lol i has skimming the ofna black anodized pipes. any input on them? i know theres a few but like i said idk specifics bout them

Oh yeah, I forgot the 4908 comes with the resonator doesn't it. Ofna pipes look nice, no idea if it will give you alot more power than what you had.

The 1/8 scale pipes will not work well on a small block engine like the 3.3 You should stick with a small block pipe for that engine.

Yeah but the 3.3 is a mid block, a .20 so its not far from a .21 which is a big block, so I can't imagine a pipe designed for a .21 would have that much of a performance difference on a .20, it might even work better.

Ahh but it does. The guys at Extreme Rc build pipes for RC cars and trucks so i would imagine they know what they are talking about. A .21 is not a big block it is still a small block. Big blocks are .28 and larger.

yeah I have never gotten bad advise from extreme!! definetly know the stuff!!
I use the resonater 5487-t-dc-r pipe on my max and my jato has the resonator 41x-b-sc-r both seem to be pretty good for what I do.