picco p3 .21

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnysniper

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
jus got ma new hyper7 with picco 21 in and a problem startin first time and it struggles to get it started and keep gettin piston lock? anybody knows why it does that

jus got ma new hyper7 with picco 21 in and a problem startin first time and it struggles to get it started and keep gettin piston lock? anybody knows why it does that

warm up your engine whit a heat gun or a hair dryer ...my guess is you have to much pinch when the engine is cold ...i had to do that with my 3.3 at first ...it should get better the more you make it run

thanks. i gotta remember the engines about 2 months old so could it be doing that cuz its kinda a new engine

Thats exactly what i thought.. a new engine with to much pinch..

But then i see its 2 months old..?? has it been broken in yet..??
If it has is it still possible that the piston gets stuck at TDC..??

I wld have said no but obviously I'm wrong..??

Thats exactly what i thought.. a new engine with to much pinch..

But then i see its 2 months old..?? has it been broken in yet..??
If it has is it still possible that the piston gets stuck at TDC..??

I wld have said no but obviously I'm wrong..??

my engine is broken in ..has at least 1/2 gallon in it ...and it still gets stuck sometimes when its cold ...it still has ALLOT of pinch ..its pretty hard to spin it pass TDC by hand when cold

It's not broken in if it still has a lot of pinch, no matter what the manual says. The pinch needs to be almost gone before I consider a engine ready for the track.

If it's a Picco you'll need to wait for it to reach around two gallons, they take that long to break in.

Oh crap..!!

Well mine and my GF's 3.3 straight afer break in seem to move quite freely in the sleeve..
Well not like wen it was brand new.. brand new it wld push the sleeve out without the cooling head on.. now it dont..
followed the break in procedure exactly to what it said..
Or is that just what to expect from the TRX's

What a good compression test..??

its been broken in. the person it bought it off bought the engine 2months ago they got the lhs to run it in and tune it and they had the same problems as me. anyways I've had it runnin 2day gave it a good run and it struck up first time and it dont get piston lock any more

Must of just needed a little more run time to loosen the sleeve..

well i kinda gave it a good thrashing lol

That's what they need. You gotta run them to break them in. A good engine with a proper breakin will get tighter instead of looser for the first 3/4's a gallon or so. The Picco p3 .21 gets super tight after a just a few tanks. It is a very well built engine. The sleeve is really thick. It is a very strong engine for the price.

i payed £150 ($276) for a hyper7 with the picco .21 so i can't complain

Hyper 7 with picco p3 21

Hi people iv got a problem iv just had the picco p3 21 fitted it yesterday and it's seems to keep locking the fly wheel so my starter box won't start it and also I think it's summit to do with the piston ?

Any info on this ? The engine is second hand but guy before got it in November 2012 iv looked at the piston and it seems still brand new please help