PB freshwater fish!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeepOnKeepnOn

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
Anyone else had some good luck lately?

SmartSelect_20240330_162126_Gallery.jpg

Hardly catfish myself but I'm glad I chose to yesterday. Only catfish when my buddies stop buy. Like the chill vibe it has. I'm covering water looking for active fish when alone. No electronics or gadgets. So I beat the banks alot. Only run trout lines during summer fish frys.

Nice. My cousin caught a 56lb flathead on a Zebco 33 reel after the fish ripped it off the pole. The fish and the busted fishing pole made the front page here.

Rightfully so too! That's on hell of an accomplishment with said setup.

My favorite fish to catch (and eat) is Walleye. Fast moving water, they lay behind the rocks waiting for prey. Never caught a really big one, but they still put up a fight. 24" or so was the biggest I ever caught. In fact, just as I pulled that one out of the water we spied about a 60lb flathead making it's way into it's hole under a log jam in a shallow stream.

My favorite fish to catch (and eat) is Walleye. Fast moving water, they lay behind the rocks waiting for prey. Never caught a really big one, but they still put up a fight. 24" or so was the biggest I ever caught. In fact, just as I pulled that one out of the water we spied about a 60lb flathead making it's way into it's hole under a log jam in a shallow stream.

Never fished for walleye as there not local to me. But I've had several individuals make that statement. Would love to go. Closest I've seen walleye to me was in the river at bullshoals in north east Arkansas. State and a half away! Pound for pound striper are the strongest fighting fish along with world record alagator gar in my area. . I'm an hr away from the trinity river its nothing to catch a six footer. Biggest I personally seen was 10'. Use to work offshore on drilling rigs and have seen some massive creatures my coworkers caught. I went after snapper myself.

Never fished for walleye as there not local to me. But I've had several individuals make that statement. Would love to go. Closest I've seen walleye to me was in the river at bullshoals in north east Arkansas. State and a half away! Pound for pound striper are the strongest fighting fish along with world record alagator gar in my area. . I'm an hr away from the trinity river its nothing to catch a six footer. Biggest I personally seen was 10'. Use to work offshore on drilling rigs and have seen some massive creatures my coworkers caught. I went after snapper myself.
I have only ever caught Walleye in a fast moving river near me. It is a really small river. More like a big stream. But one area where the river widens and is really shallow there are rabids with rocks poking up out of the water and that's where they go to eat. Have never caught them anywhere else on that river.

When I searched, it says they are plentiful in Lake Meredith in northern Texas. That's way up near the top of the panhandle. I wonder if they are anywhere else down that way.

I never knew they had any in Tx. If I'm driving that far I would just rather go more north. Texas lakes compared to other states theres just no comparison as far as beauty. The sediment here makes for cloudy if not muddy water. Alot of red clay. As fishing goes there's several good reservoirs to fish. Granted its nothing like when I fished them growing up. Sam Rayburn is my favorite but I'm partial because that was my stomping grounds growing up. Only clear lakes here are on the southern border. Thats a clear no go for me! Have a couple rivers I frequent "Frio & Guadalupe" in central Tx to hike and tube at only.

We have a nice swimming hole locally at least. $16 a head though!

SmartSelect_20240330_194643_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited: