Painter I stumbled upon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, I'm pretty sure hes the painter for RCCarAction. His work is a little over priced though imo...

I thought the name sounded familiar. I thought the same thing about the prices. Its some nice work though for sure.

Over priced?
yeah most of his jobs are up there in price but think about it ... the time he has in a body is well worth the money .. I bet if you break down his time plus paint your getting a painter for $3 an hour .. to me it's not worth painting a body if you know this... seeing most of the painters out there do it for fun and enjoy it .. if his doing it for extra cash he's better off getting a job at Wal-Mart...I do it for friends and they take care of me but selling a job to some one for lets say $50 they have to buy the body paint and the time involved.. they only make 2-3 bucs ..think about it .. the talent your getting for that $110 body before you say it's too much

Yeah I see your point. Gotta think the lid itself is gonna be $20-$25, so your leaving around a $100 for supplies and labor. Its more than Id pay for a lid I guess, but would still like to have one. But again, Id probably never buy a painted lid. I like painting them to much..lol

4u2nv .. I'm the same way .. i would rather paint my own
Buggy.. If a painter can pump them out quick them it's worth it .. but I'm saying that guy is taking some time doing them ..trust me I'm not saying his prices are great but i can see where he would come up with the price he wants for his bodies
And i do agree with you by saying that Lidz and Wilz is imo alot better looking too

I don’t get why people spend all that money to get bodies like that, IMHO I prefer painting my own bodies, I don’t want to waste 110 on a body that I am going to trash, and id hate to get a body for that price and just put it up on the shelf. So to me, it is pretty pointless getting a body for a price that high if your either going to use it and or keep it.

People get the nice ones like this alot of the times just for show. I have my good bodies and my bashing bodys. My good bodys usually turn into bashing bodies, when I get a new good one to replace it..lol.. I like bodies, like chicks like shoes.. Plus this guys artwork and painting abilities I just thought were awesome.

bods

Man if I had to pay for bodies I would go broke fast ! I think that painter is one I saw who can do a flame job making it look like real fire.Way outa my leage Hmmmm Maybe I could get him to do a flame job on my Harley:hump:

Attachments

• IMGA4554.jpg
    IMGA4554.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 119
I asked him for a quote recently and never got a response, guess he isn't too interested in painting anymore.

eh. I think wilzwerks bodies are better.. much more creative. I mean I like flames and all but I like paint jobs that involve other interesting subjects. Too bad flames are the only thing I know how to paint..heh. Personally, I would never pay that much for a body. Even if I did buy a prepainted body I wouldn't spend more than $60 for a moderate design.

Tweak said:
I asked him for a quote recently and never got a response, guess he isn't too interested in painting anymore.

It may be that he hasn't found a place to park his house that has a "Hot Spot" to connect to the Internet.

Do they make a compressor that plugs into a cigarette lighter?

I'm always checking out the custom painters on the net for new ideas.. The one site that left me in awe, is adrcracing

His "True Fire" jobs are the best I've seen... The prices are extremely high, but his work is exceptional.. Gotta remember, these lids take many hours...
When it comes to FLAMES, he gets my vote for sure...

Last edited:
Wilzwerx had a add in last months rcdriver magazine. I thought it was kinda weird as well considering last I heard of him, he was having money trouble and couldnt even afford to send some bodies back to some customers. I asked Wilz for a quote a while ago and never heard back from him, so I figured he wasn't doing it anymore...

That ADRCRacing is pretty awesome. Dude sure likes to paint the rip/tears. I like the Friday the 13th one, thats awesome

Lessen said:
anyone know the basic technique for the "true fire" look? I would love to try to learn that.
I believe they are dabbing the wet paint with a wad of plastic kitchen wrap.

FastEddy said:
I believe they are dabbing the wet paint with a wad of plastic kitchen wrap.

I dont think it would be that easy Ed... Looks like a handful of small pre cut stencils that are being moved around and outlined. Then filled and faded with other colors. Dabbing plastic wrap creates the "Marbelized Effect".

True fire is simple in principle, but seriously difficult in it's execution. That's my next big challenge. To do it, the first thing you need to do is to make some rigid templates. Kinda like stencils. I suppose some standard French Curves would work. They just have to be small enough for this application. Use the curves to sorta describe the curls of your flames. If you hold them against the body and spray along their border, it will create a curve that has one nice crisp edge and a very faded edge opposite it. That's what you use to create a lot of it. Typically, you start with a very simple layer of yellow whisps. Then you do the next layer in orange and make it a little more crowded. Then a backing layer in red which is all freehand to just give that aura behind it. Like I said, sounds easy on paper. A helluva lot different when you're trying to cram your hands into an RC body. You may want to find some airbrush forums. There are some good explanations and pics on some of them.