Paint matching

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
What would be the best match rattle can paint if I get this body for my (soon) tt02? To make it alike to my uncles civic? Though, coupe vs hatchback, but it would be cool to have one almost identical.

Body: https://www.amainhobbies.com/tamiya-castrol-honda-civic-vti-body-set-clear-tam51421/p658648

1:1 Car:

PXL_20231130_203714095.jpg

Could do a simple black on how it was before he got it wrapped. The wrap is called sunset orange

Before wrap:
458860_425824117439554_942510822_o.jpg

You could wrap it in the same wrap..... 🤔🤔

What color would you consider that?

What color would you consider that?
idk. Wrap is sunset orange.
Before he wrapped it, he called it VADER. And his truck (basic white) storm trooper (when he had the stormtrooper decals on it)

A car paint mixing place may be able to match pretty close, if they had the vehicle to try to match, since there is no color code. At least that is what they tell me at the one I go too. Not sure if that’ll help any.

A car paint mixing place may be able to match pretty close, if they had the vehicle to try to match, since there is no color code. At least that is what they tell me at the one I go too. Not sure if that’ll help any.
Might be able to work. But not sure if thats like regular paint, or regular RC paint, or polycarbonate paint? If its not polycarbonate paint, it probably won't stick to the body and flake off. 🤷‍♂️

They usually have paint for plastics, I use it some but I do use shoe glue and tape to hold body together, to make stronger, may be why I have no problems. You probably don’t want that if your racing, adds some weight. Crazy youtube kevin tallabot trick. But you probably know this, you’re more experienced than me. You the man, no joke.

Back