Os11k Carb on 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dylanw

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hello. New to this forum thing. Can anybody help me understand what the mid speed needle does and what’s different from a Traxxas carb to os11k carb besides the performance. Is there still an idle screw?

Idle screw is a must, and should be present on all carbs. Unless you want your engine to stall when braking😂. Here is it's location on a OS 11K:
1000011504.jpg
From what I've understood, the inner hole of the 11k is bigger than that of the stock traxxas carb, allowing more air-fuel mixture to be sucked into the engine.

Just repeating what I've heard from 11k owners🤷🏻‍♂️

The mid speed needle typically moves the LSN seat back and forth in the intake venturi of the carb. As the throttle is applied, the LSN pulls out of the seat and allows fuel to enter the venturi through the MSN seat. I'm not sure why moving where the fuel comes in matters, could change the atomization or something I guess which would affect how the fuel eventually makes it to the combustion area.

Any time anyone ever talked about the MSN, it was always to leave it at the stock setting (which is usually flush with the carb) and don't mess with it. lol!