Onroad carb -> Offroad engine...?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartBreak

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Quick question for all the engine gurus out there. What happens if a person runs an offroad style .21 engine with an onroad .21 style carb?

The carbs are usually the same. The difference is typically found in the sleeve porting. It used to be that only on-road engines had turbo plugs, too.

The only reason I ask, is OS has the 20K for their onroad engines, and the 21C for their offroad engines. I was assuming that the 20K had a different fuel delivery pattern than the 21C, because of the massively long needle (it never leaves the spraybar). It looks like it'd give a super-rich low end, lean mid-range, and rich upper-end.

Then again, I could be wrong...?

If you look on the OS website, they have a retarded number of carbs for .21 engines. Oddly they don't have the 20K listed. Tower does. Looking at the two one of the major differences that I noticed is the 20K doesn't have the provision for different intake venturis. Beyond that, it's really hard to say. The engine should run just fine.