??? on painted bodies to sell.......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandho

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What's a good price on a body like this??

I'm painting bodies for my LHS and I'm not sure what a reasonable price is to ask for them ...... she covers the body and the paint so all I have into them is time.

Just finished this one today......

ford1.JPG

ford2.JPG

ford3.JPG

ford4.JPG

ford5.JPG

ford6.JPG

Last edited:
I have no idea what that body would sell for but it sure looks nice. Great job and good luck with the sell.

bodys with custom paint go for $50-$60 and up on ebay.. look there for a comparable item and see how high it goes..

I usually charge $50 including the price of the body. Usually $30 if the customer supplies the body. Seeing as you're also being covered for the cost of paint, I'd say maybe $20-$25 for the paint job. That puts the cost to the customer at about $45-$50 including the cost of the body which is about right I think.

well that body is about $25 new probably, give or take. Complicated works sell in the $70-$80 range. I'd say something like that might go for around $50. Minus the body and paint.. I'd say if you could get $20 out of her that would seem fair. See what others say though. There is a copper Humvee on this forum right now selling for $40 shipped. Windows are dark and body is single tone, no other graphics.

Easily $50... You could prolly get at least $25 out of it... Already trimmed and all that.... Yeah, that should be a good price... btw, the chrome looks awesome!

Looks very nice. Agreed.....$25 for yourself.........+ cost of body/paint.

Is the tint a PITA?

Thanks for the input guys. :cheers:

$30 is what I told her for the El Camino I did so I was figuring around the same for this one. I just wasn't sure if I was out of line or not. It almost doesn't seem worth the effort for $20-$30 but it's enjoyable to paint em so anything is better than nothing ....... :smoke:

psunitro said:
Is the tint a PITA?

The tint is Pactra Acryl Transparent Smoke.

Paint used.......
Metallic black (Pactra lacquer)
Outlaw black for the bed cover (Pactra lacquer) I didn't want flake on the bed cover.
Candy red (Pactra lacquer) backed by Spazstix chrome as well as Spaz chrome bumper & flames.
The chrome is backed by Outlaw black (Pactra Acryl)
Transparent smoke for the windows (Pactra Acryl)

If anyone is interested in any of these bodies I paint for her just PM me and I'll give you her contact info. She takes PayPal and will ship fast.
Her store is Valley Hobby in Prescott Valley Arizona

If ya can get $30 I think your sitting very well. Not to take anything away because its a good paintjob, but If I was in your boat, I would watch how much ya charge, because theres always someone who will do it cheaper, ya know? poop, If I had that setup, Id probably charge $10 if I charged anything at all. I just like to paint. But definatly cool ya can make some bucks in the hobby!

you will never get paid the effort that takes to paint a body, I'm charging about 60 to 70 body and paints included, allthough i do it more as a hobby than business. I paint and sell to have another body to paint :)