Magnetic Body Mounts

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyBooty

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I've been trying to figure out how to align these magentic body mounts for the last 3 days, I trimmed down the orignal body posts and I just can't seem to figure out how to align them perfectly, the body is painted so it is a nightmare at the moment, if anyone has any tips, it would be much appreciated.

How are you attaching them?
I did magnetic mounts on the hood of my capra. Used 5/16” rare earth magnets, shoe goo’d one magnet to each side of the hood. When that cured i put a scrap of plastic bag between the glued magnets and ones to be stuck to the chassis. Then i put shoe goo on the back of the second magnet and closed the hood.
When everything was cured, i opend the hood, removed the scrap of platic, and done!

So basically I'm putting the body mount on with some body pins and then I try to align the rare earth magnets to the underside of the body but thast where I can't align them and it is messing up the fitment. Its an rc drift car so its a bit weird

Ok so I’m old slow and new to this process but want to try it on a scale body I’m gonna do. Is the connection not so strong it will eventually come off and or mess up paint if it’s that strong to keep a body on in a wreck or what not

You put both sides of your magnetic body mounts on the chassis with a couple sheets of paper between them. Put a drop of Shoe Goo on top of the magnets. Carefully set your body on and align it. Let it set up.