OMG I Hate Myself!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
O.K....This is what started my week off...(Bear with me now long story!)
This is what happened to both my:
RS4 3 18ss w/ Stage D kit upgrade and
Super Nitro RS4
In that order.

First twice while in the midst of a high speed drift I side swipe the sidewalk cracking the steering servos where you screw them in both times, w/c i think is a bad designon the Stage D kit. Replaced them and then second my humppack wire accidentaly came free and got chewed up by asphalt making it unusable. So i fixed that and put the regular 4 battery tray back in the stage d kit. Dumb me forgot to secure it and after about 1 1/2tanks of bashing it came loose and boom samaks right into a parked cars tire cracking the left front hub and the shock tower.

I figure okay no biggy, go inside to my workstation fix it up and then back in about 15 mins. If any of you guys are familiar with the Stage D kit it comes with special dogbones to allow the different length to reach the engine since the chassis moves it more to the center. So I'm taking the front end off the car and low and behold No dogbone which is about half and inch long, w/c by the way is the most annoying part of the car to put back together in the gearbox being so small. So I said to myself either came off in the crash (I dont know how) since the impact only affected the left tire side or I'm just stupid and its on the floor somwehre when i took it apart. So the 15minutes becomes 2 hrs of looking at the crash site, retracing steps, and looking on my floor and on my table, shaking the rc maybe its stuck on one of the pieces. "Okay," I said I'm just going to buy a new one, None of the LHS carry it DAMN. Call hpi fine they have it so i ordered it.

Two days go by and I'm so bored, I Decide to try my 18ss engine in my super nitro. I do the swap along with my Futaba receiver and servos. I run it for about 2 tanks everything going fine, BTW OMG its a beast with that 18ss I'm pretty sure it would be alot faster when i install the 2 speed in there. But thats not gonna happen anytime soon. So I'm drivng about a block down my house there is a nice triangle space of great r/c asphalt now i wish i never went there. The car is running great but with low traction due to the high torque engine. It rained that morning but by afternoon everything was dry and it was about 55 degrees so there were puddles on the side of the sidewalk. Then it happens slam the brakes and slide straight into the puddle. Now all electronins I think are fried, the new ones, not the crap HPI ones on the super nitro but the Futaba 3pm magnum ones.

WTF am i gonna do now buy 4 servos and 2 recievers, to replace the 2 i broke ans 2 that are fried? I dont know how to tell if the ones on the super nitro are gone. It just happened should i let it dry off. How do i check the receiver if its still good to use. Please help I miss my cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know its my fault and I'm never gonna do that again!!!!!!

P.S. Dont Run your car without the body unless your very good at avoiding stupid water puddles LOL!!!!!!!!!

That sucks...I have a P.O.S. Ofna servo I can send you till you get the new servo stuff.

i rolled my savage into a water hole a few weeks ago. my receiver got wet on it. just take them apart, rinse them off with denatured alcohol, let them dry, put them back together, and try them out. they should be ok.

if you plan on running in wet conditions any more you can dip your servos in plasti dip, and put your receiver in a baloon, to help keep them from getting wet.

SpitFireV12RR said:
That sucks...I have a P.O.S. Ofna servo I can send you till you get the new servo stuff.

Wow! I appreciate the kind jesture but I think I'm just going to wait, I just started school and my mind shouldn't be on r/c's. I just want to know if the servoes and receiver are totally fried, and how i would go about checking that?

Let them dry off...ususally water doesn't really effect motors. Take them apart and then hair dry it. Works every time in my little 1/28 car.

EDIT:if you clean the servos with denatured alcohol be sure you dont rinse all the grease off them. the alcohol is only to dispalce the water that could be in any hiding spots.

Thanks guys!!! I will let it dry overnight and try it out tomorrow. What about receiver, I think water got into where the crystal is. Dammit I wish I had more money LOL!!!

like i said rinse it out. even if the water dries you dont want it to leave a film of dirt. take the receiver apart and rinse it off with the DA that will get all water out, and all dirt off. then let dry and try it out.

Couldn't wait, Cleaned,rinsed and good to go!! Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never Going to that spot again!!! Now waiting for dogbones and new shock tower. Anyone know of a place toget these. part #33433 tower, rush, ebay don't carry. I still didn't order from hpi yet!

Back