old or older

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtsavage

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
now i come to realize theres two,or three different trans... for the tmaxx,,,,,,,now heres a newbie question,,,,,what about the rest of the truck ,like the bearings for the wheel shaft ,,,,,apond taking my new (use ) truck apart i see that there parts to be purchase before runing it :whhooo:

i have had a t-maxx for only 6 mo. but i think there is diff in in differentials, ie length of shafts comming out of the side of differentials. but i dint know the details.

There has actually been 5 versions of the Traxxas T-maxx, and 7 if you count the S-Maxx and Sport Maxx.

The very first version had narrow A-arms and a black transmission with the TRX Pro. 15 Engine in it. Then they came out with the 2.5 Maxx with the longer A-arms we use today as well as the TRX 2.5 engine, still using the same black transmission. After that sat for awhile they came out with the TRX 2.5R Maxx with the grey transmission, beefier axial's and stronger axial carriers. Soon after that, the TRX 3.3 Maxx with a re-geared grey transmission and TRX 3.3 Engine. And now theres they newest of the Maxx's having a longer chassis plate, longer chassis braces, re-geared differentials, bigger tires, resonator pipe, redone steering bellcrank, and 3.3 engine.

And somewhere between all that the S and Sport Maxx was in.

ok nitroboy i have a 4908 t-maxx. you said that some models had a dif gear in the differential. is there a gear set that would be a lower ratio than i have that i could put in my t-maxx? unless its not strong enough.

ok nitroboy i have a 4908 t-maxx. you said that some models had a dif gear in the differential. is there a gear set that would be a lower ratio than i have that i could put in my t-maxx? unless its not strong enough.

I'm not sure what the ratio's are. I just know that that the 4908 maxx and new emaxx both use the same differentials are the revo. Sorry i couldn't be of more help.

that ok iam running a 72 tooth spur gear and a 16 tooth pinion, seams to be very low. iam guessing top speed 30 mph. getting ready to run killer, temp outside now is 65, i bet ill have to retune

Back