OFNA 9.5 or Hyper 7?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no problem we are here to help and everyone here was a great help to me when I was getting started RCNT rocks :thumbup:

Damn, Ace wanted $197 in shipping charge :\ Tower only wants $42 for regular and $70 for express. I sent a mail to Ace, maybe they're willing to use regular ground/air mail, and not UPS, or else i have to buy it from Tower. Included shipping the car will still be more than $200 cheaper than in Norway :wtf: Yes, Norway is EXPENSIVE :)

Originally posted by agjell
Damn, Ace wanted $197 in shipping charge :\ Tower only wants $42 for regular and $70 for express. I sent a mail to Ace, maybe they're willing to use regular ground/air mail, and not UPS, or else i have to buy it from Tower. Included shipping the car will still be more than $200 cheaper than in Norway :wtf: Yes, Norway is EXPENSIVE :)
wow thats insain you could almost get an airline round trip for that.come on over and get it your self... lol

By far the best upgrade for the buggy is the steering servo. After that get an exhaust. After that I'd suggest getting a better radio and reciever pack. That's how I'd do it!

ANyone know where to get the 086 pipe for cheap?

I emailed Ace about the shipping charge, and they (actually it was Kevin) sent me a list of alternative, much cheaper, shipping methods. That means I'll soon be able to order the PBS, as soon as they get it in stock. I'm so happy right now

:cheers: :banana:

I'm probably gonna trash the old Sandmaster with some serious bashing =devil

I just found this on rcmart. Isnt this the exact same car as the OFNA Hyper 7 PCR, just without the radio and the starterbox?

Edit: Replace the stars in the link with rcmart . com

Last edited:
sure looks like it, you would need steering a nd throttle servos and radio gear. It seems to have the pull start on it so ya wouldn't need a starter box. Just weigh out the cost of rtr and adding all the gear to this one.

After reading various comments on rcmart, I decided to order from Ace. After all, I've done some intensive mailing with Kevin over there, and he probably would have flipped if I didnt buy from them after all my stupid questions :D. I save $200 compared to Norway anyway. So in 4-10 days (probably 14 in reality) I have my Hyper 7 PCR. The waiting time sucks, but I have my exams in 14 days, so I have enough to fill my time with :)

To Violate Or Not

Believe Me When I Say This Stay Away From The Violator If You Want To Bash The King Pin Style Suspension Is To Damn Weak For Bashing Get A PBs Or PCR.Have A Nice Day;)

Well agjell congrats on the up coming buggy they are great, I just upgraded my PBS mill to an RB 7WS11, just wanted to go faster. You will love the buggy.

Originally posted by Ryhton
all three of these buggies get bashed just as hard but the Hypers have the pivot ball suspension which seems to be a lot stronger and able to take the impact.

Or maybe the C-Hub system on the 9.5 is just majorly bodge and or utilizes poor materials. Sorry, just sticking up for the ol Kyosho here, since my C-hub's have never done me wrong for as far back as I can remember.

As for the hyper vs 9.5 thing, i'd take the hyper anyday so I think you made the right choice on the PCR. "It comes so hooked up you'll think its christmas" to quote someone else about the pcr. :bling:

What is the difference between the PBS and the PCR? All I see really is that the PCR is a little more exspensive. Is the PCR better?

The PCR has the laydown servos. I think thats the only difference.

Originally posted by agjell
The PCR has the laydown servos. I think thats the only difference.

Thats it I have the PBS and zandor22 has the PCR and we havent found any other real diffrences.

Well if I get the PCR, I woul change the servos anyway. Can any hitec servo go in the PCR because it has lay down style Or you have to buy a certain style servo?

Any normal servo will work.

I have Hitec servos in mine and they fit fine.

I just got the car yesterday. YAHOOO! :D

And of couse i have some problems with it. When i tried to turn the wheels with the stock servo they wouldnt move at all, it seemed to be to much resistance in the mechanism. So i put some WD40 on the moving parts (pivot balls etc) and installed the Hitec 645. The wheels was now much easier to turn, but they wouldnt return to center position after turning right. It worked fine when i turned left. This was with the wheels off the ground. It still seems like the steering mechanism is a bit hard. Are there any way to loosen up the mechanism a bit, besides with WD40?

Back