Occupation and age???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 15 gonna be 16 June 19th,Right now me and my sister's b/f(19 yrs old),do body work,and paint cars on the side.Just for painting the car which includes prep work we get $200 a car,body work is extra. We also do wiring for like strobes and accessory lights and gauges on cars,and the occasional system wiring. Its going pretty good the only problem we got is that in August we are moving up to Amity,Maine.We hope to start up a shop up there with a real paint booth.Right now we use a garage that has plastic drapped from the ceiling to the ground all around and an exhaust fan suckiing fumes outside, But the cars rol out of the garage looking better then anything that comes from the local Macco.

t-alec said:
I'm 13. I sell a ton of stuff on ebay, Have a candy selling buisness, and I'm looking into real estate. I'm also working up to becoming a Divemaster. Yes i dive to Diver.
Good luck Alec. Ypu have to be 14 to start the regular "open water" training. Otherwise you'll be a junior diver. Get your swimming skills up. There's a 10 minute tread and 200 meter (or 20 minute swim depending on the instructor) and that's just for the pool certification part.

To become a dive master, there's a 15 minute tread using only your legs and keeping your arms above the water. Your chin cannot touch the water. The swim test on that is pretty rigorous as well. I believe its 50 laps in 30 minutes. I can't remember exactly. As for me, I'm an advanced open water diver with creditation in wreck diving, dry suit diving and a medic/rescue diver. I still have to go back for reaccreditation in CPR (in and out of water). It's a tough test no matter what level you're trying to reach but at most, you'll be more than proud of yourself when you pass.

Just remember, accidents/emergencies happen after alot of little things are overlooked and/or go wrong. If you don't plan to get your own gear, at the very least get your own primary/secondary/octopus gear. Renting is fine but at the very least use your own stuff that you stick in your mouth (regulator) and be sure that it's up to date with safety upkeep. I ahve all my own equipment:

• Sherwood Mask/Stay Dry snorkel/Fins/Boots
  • Sherwood Maximus Primary/Regulator/Octopus
  • Seaquest BCD (Bouyancy Compensation Device)
  • DACOR hoseless integratedDive computer
  • Henderson "second skin" full body suit
  • Body Glove 3mm full body suit
  • DUI weight trim system
  • Wenoka Gloves - 5mm
  • DUI Dry hood
Only thing I don't have is the Dry Suit and Thermal insulation because the suit alone is $1500 for a regular suit and $1800 for self donning. The thermal gear is another $1000. I just rent those because those have to be tailor made to fit your body otherwise it will leak. Even if you loose 10lbs, you gotta get a new suit or gain the weight back.

Good luck in your diving sertification. You'll love it!

I have all my own equipment. I have a wet suit,mask,gloves,boots,Primary/Regulator/Octopus,snorkel,fins,boots,BCD,dive computer.

Just to tell you I'm already certified. I got my junior open water certification when i was 10 years old. damn it was hard work but I'm so happy i did it. I'm in very good shape so that isnt a problem. I'm going for my Advanced Open Water.

Mabe we can talk on AIM sometime about what courses i have to take to be a instructer

CorradoPsi said:
now this is a busy and motivated kid. he could teach micro07 a thing or 2.

Yes I'm very busy. Thats why i have not been on hear a lot

t-alec said:
I have all my own equipment. I have a wet suit,mask,gloves,boots,Primary/Regulator/Octopus,snorkel,fins,boots,BCD,dive computer.

Just to tell you I'm already certified. I got my junior open water certification when i was 10 years old. damn it was hard work but I'm so happy i did it. I'm in very good shape so that isnt a problem. I'm going for my Advanced Open Water.

Mabe we can talk on AIM sometime about what courses i have to take to be a instructer
Didn't know you were already certified as a junior diver. Once you get your status as a regular opewater diver, go get your advanced then medic rescue, divemaster, then you can choose to either go get your master diver cert (nonteaching) or Master diver/instructor cert.

38, kids, married, Local #3 electrical construction, miserable!

37, married, IT job in downtown NYC in the financial area.

Over 40, I am a maintenance supervisor at a flax oil plant. The girlfriend and I also have an auto repair business, that she takes care of day to day. :cheers:

17, just got an internship with the local chevy dealership as a mechanic. plus i get $3000 worth of snap on tools for $250! score!

bryan

15 Auto Mechanics student, weekend airbrush artist

FRIDGE said:
15 Auto Mechanics student, weekend airbrush artist
"AIRBRUSH" artist huh? only on the weekends late at night must be a bitch hauling an air compressor and hoses over fences and walking the yards......
HMMM young kid
Boogie Down local
and paints
Screen Name Fridge [cough] tag.......
hope your mommy don't read this post......

Plaidfish said:
"AIRBRUSH" artist huh? only on the weekends late at night must be a bitch hauling an air compressor and hoses over fences and walking the yards......
HMMM young kid
Boogie Down local
and paints
Screen Name Fridge [cough] tag.......
hope your mommy don't read this post......

LOL na they got those lil compressed air cans now

Coming up on 23. Network Support Tech for a public library with 7 branches + main site.

I'm 37 and Work at TPI as there warehouse manager.

Here is our websiteTPI

recently accepted a new position with my company. Giving up filling propane to work in the warehouse and Labratory. I'm pretty excited about learning the Lab work. Analyzing gases for purity and stuff like that. It's a very cross the T's and dot the I's kinda position. They're actually gonna let me think! :D

I'm gonna fart in an empty baby bottle so you can analyze my gas. I'm sure others here will do the same for you so you can practice your lab techniques ....

RCNT MEMBERS ... "The royal order of the blue flame is now in order ..."

33yrs old, & have been an HVAC Technician for the last 12yrs.. Fancy for Plumbing, Heating & A/C... lol
I run a Topless hair salon called "SNIPPLES" on the weekends... lol

27, recently single, as in I haven't even totally moved out yet. I did however just buy my own hous that I am going to stay at all next week as I am on vacation from my telephone repair job which I hope lasts at least another 21 years. The internet, and VOIP (voice over internet provider) really has me worried. Personally anyone that has there utilities threw a resaler ( resaler= one how doesn't own, or maintain the inferstucture) is hurting the local economy as contractors these other companies hire make much less, and probably don't have benefits for thier families which mean less spending..........

Sorry about the rant.

Back