Occupation and age???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OK guys,
We have pictures of everyone, pictures of houses, cars and how we got our screen names. I didn't put up any pics. I'm old and ugly.... so is my house and ride.
Thought it might be interesting to know how old ya are and what ya do for a living.....

I'm 42, wife is 38 (I think). My son just turned 20 this weekend and damn I'm feeling old.
I run a tube mill for a living. If ya look at some of the furniture that is made out of metal pipe, might be mine.
Used to run heavy equip and mechanic. I would rather do that, but it was outside and I always ended up under something in the mud.

Well, I'm 34 but turn 35 on June 12. I am part of the "family business." Yup, it's legal. We do Surgical Instrument Refurbishing for the hospitals.

21 and unemployed :\
finding job in my area is like finding a needle in a hay stack

I'm 25, Ill be 26 in Dec (start saving..lol) and I own a buisness called "Andy's Graphix" where I do vinyl graphics and signs. I also (just until recently) owned a detailing shop and mild performance called "The Wash". I miss it alot, but have alot more free time (and thinner wallet ::(:) without it.

32, I'm a maintenance mechanic for a Wal~Mart distribution center. The good thing is I only work three nights a week :cheers:

32 goin on 33 was a truck driver by trade but due to unforeseen problems i have since have had 5 back surgeries

thus limiting me to only part-time jobs

16, Sophmore for a few more days. (schools almost out wwhhhooo) I will be working at a custom garage door company for the summer.

I have narrowed my career to Police Officer, EMT, or Fire Fighter

19, on-site computer technician. I go out to people's houses and businesses and fix their crap.

Deal with the little stuff and get the worst of it. I deal with the public quite a bit.

I'm also in college for criminal justice.

35 Mill wright...Turned welder...I like it hot!

29, my day job is crunching numbers for a major defense contractor, at night I'm apprenticing to become a machinist. My brother and I are planning to open our own shop in a few years.

25, CNC Machinist/Programmer. single parent (all you other parents know damn well thats a job!)

30, machinist as well, mostly play with manual stuff now after a lot of time with CNC. Parent with 3 kiddos and the wife is a senior at PSU...she's gonna be an electric train driver!!

14, almost 15... I'm hoping to get a job at my lhs this summer, but I doubt it. I cut people lawns and sell stuff to make money. Good thing minimum wage here in Oregon is like $7.15 (yessssssssssssssssssssssss) so i'll be able to make alot more money next year and the year after then I do now. I also live on allowance lol. SCHOOL SUCKS.... (10 more days :hammer: )

31, Tractor trailer driver, was a Mechanic and also worked on and operated construction equipment. But got tired of going home covered in hydraulic oil and diesel.

I'm currently working on my second million!

Screwed up on the first million, so I figured I’d skip it.

Just turned 22, currently in 2 year college preparing to transfer to a 4 year

30 going on 31 June 16, I was a carpet installer untill I injured my back/neck and shoulder in a very bad car accident 2yrs ago, I'm waiting to have surgery on my back going tomorrow to be tortured with a discogram can't wait lol. Insurance company is going to pay for me to go to school and learn a new trade so thats cool :)

i am 14 i will be 15 on the 30 july and i have a crap paper round in the summer when i turn 15 i can get a better job and earn more money to spend on my r/c. :) :)

30, helicopter inspector for a government contractor

24, work for Linde Gas, and industrial gas plant. We are a distribution hub, fill and deliver various gases and liquid forms. Oxygen, nitrogen, argon, Co2, He, propane, mixes, toxics, research grades, etc, etc.... aside from filling high pressure gases we also make acetylene.

Last edited:
Back